List of Current CVs and what they do

• RMweb Premium

I know this is probably one of those questions that people get fed up of answering, but I have searched without luck to find the answer.

Is there a site that gives a difinitive list of all the current CVs in use and what they do when altered, e.g. If value 'a' is increased this will happen etc.

I normally change CVs very little but I would like to get more involved with individualising my locos.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry that should read 'of' not 'od' but I dont know how to edit the title

#3 - You edit the first post and then use the full editor, this allows you to change the title.

• RMweb Gold

No. Such a list is impossible to compile - because different manufacturers use different numbers for their own purposes. There are "core" CVs, e.g the lower number ones, which are common to all, but beyond that, particularly with sound decoders, the numbers are more free form, never having been prescribed by NMRA.

What you actually need is the list, typically on their website, of each decoder manufacturer that your use.

DCC Concepts have a very good write up up all the the basic CVs which are common to all manufactures.However its always best to read the decoder manufacturers instruction sheet, as in some cases certain CVs are for there specific use.

Archived