The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

UK Olympics Kit

edcayton

Thought it was as badly designed as the logo I'm sure Britain must have some up and coming designer well capable of something more appealing, striking and remarkable. But then what do I care about fashion or the olympics or sport for that matter. I just pity all the parents who will have to buy it and pity even more all the kids and other sad people who will end up wearing it.

• RMweb Premium

My personal "Olympics Kit" will hopefully involve a supply of beer, some kits to make, some decent music and a room without a telly.

If it ever goes on general sale I would be very tempted by the tennis kit. I don't understand why the 'supporters kit' is so different from the actual kits.

I hear that Northern Ireland aren't too happy as the kits have just 'Great Britain' written on them. I don't know if this is true, it may have just been a frothing troll on one of the newspaper's websites throwing in their misinformed opinions.

My personal "Olympics Kit" will hopefully involve a supply of beer, some kits to make, some decent music and a room without a telly.

But you've helped to pay for them! Might as well give some of it a watch?

Guest Natalie Graham

It has to be better than the kit for the previous London Olympics when the athletes were sent instructions on the size and position of the red and blue stripes they had to sew onto a plain white vest.

It all smacks of trying to be too big and too clever.

Remember when the logo was revealed? It was met with the biggest wave of apathy I have ever witnessed. Same with this kit, one of the athletes summed it up pretty well, "It's a great bit of kit but I can't wait to hand it back."

It's all a bit:

Organisers like Seb Coe going "Woo, it's the Olympics! WooHoo come on everybody, IT'S THE OlYMPICS!!!!!!"

Public: Meh.

(More Meh, the further you get away from London.)

Isn't Adidas German ?

Can we not find 1 supplier in this country willing to make the kit......

Same logic applies to most of the sponsors.

AFAIK the cycling kit will be made in England.

Kit looks OK to me. Certainly a lot better than many others.

I went to the white water centre this morning and thought it was rather impressive and it is actually in use.

Bernard

Quote from the Adidas site:

"The result is our smartest sharpest kit ever that calls out patriotism, pride and passion.More than just a badge, Stella's interpretation of the Union Flag theme is decked out on every item in the range"

Which planet are Stella and whoever signed this lot off on? It's a dreary and drab set of kits for the most part and certainly doesn't call out the 3 "P" words to me, in fact it barely whispers them. The intrepretation of the Union Flag is just appalling.

And what's with the Sky Blue - are Coventry City F.C.representing us in most events? If so, we won't win much but at least our failures will hopefully merge into the background in these kits.

The flag has been blueshifted to give the impression that the athletes are moving towards you at approaching the speed of light.

Geoff Endacott

Geoff, when you wrote "blueshifted", did you actually mean "bullsh*tted"?

Jim

• RMweb Premium

I hear that Northern Ireland aren't too happy as the kits have just 'Great Britain' written on them. I don't know if this is true, it may have just been a frothing troll on one of the newspaper's websites throwing in their misinformed opinions.

I don't remember ever seeing "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" on sports kit - there just isn't space unless Sumo has become an Olympic event! :)

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

Archived