Tillton Station - Modern Era N Gauge

It is possible to have a TMD and station oli.

You just have to scale you plan to suit.

A single service shed and 1 or 2 sidings.

And have your station on your curves to your fiddle yard at the other end.

It is possible to have a TMD and station oli.

You just have to scale you plan to suit.

A single service shed and 1 or 2 sidings.

And have your station on your curves to your fiddle yard at the other end.

Lol thanks porkie - can't you edit it and get rid of the duplicate writing...?

I really would like a TMD to be honest - well I say TMD, all I really want is my peco engine shed as it adds lots of operating interest for me and I suppose others watching.... (my family lol)

I have come up with this for now:

post-15085-0-26524900-1340558753_thumb.png

post-15085-0-98073200-1340558749_thumb.png

This means that I can have my shed and personally I don't think the front scenic section looks TOO crammed..... what do you think?

Regarding the power I would still only need 3 controllers, I would just use the power from one of the loops and add a power feed in the kickback siding - is this the right name? :scratchhead:

Thanks everyone - hopefully this might actually be the final plan lol. Oli

Dont want to upset the apple cart oli..

Have a look at the link bellow as it shows what can be put in a small space. a few diffrent plans

http://www.osbornsmodels.com/new-setrack-plans-track-packages-in-a-box-394-c.asp

I like the cobra railhead plan, could be changed to a TMD. If you want a practice before your main build project

Dont want to upset the apple cart oli..

Have a look at the link bellow as it shows what can be put in a small space. a few diffrent plans

http://www.osbornsmo...a-box-394-c.asp

I like the cobra railhead plan, could be changed to a TMD. If you want a practice before your main build project

You mean instead of this?

post-15085-0-46945900-1340534971_thumb.png

SEE HERE: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/56891-my-new-modern-n-gauge-layout/page__fromsearch__11

I don´t want to appear nasty, but ...

I think your are trying to squeeze in too much track into the given space, without having the operational advantage from it.

A good layout is a balanced mix of operational interest and startling scenery, for which your plan offers maybe too little room.

Just as food for thought:

TheSludgeLayoutNscaleVI.jpg?t=1330250389

TETSUDO-KOSTATIONKatoDSmall-1.jpg?t=1330250389

ENTWURFH1a.jpg

As a layout is quite a sizable investment, not only in terms of money, take your time to come up with a design, which will satisfy you in years to come.

I don´t want to appear nasty, but ...

I think your are trying to squeeze in too much track into the given space, without having the operational advantage from it.

A good layout is a balanced mix of operational interest and startling scenery, for which your plan offers maybe too little room.

Just as food for thought:

TETSUDO-KOSTATIONKatoDSmall-1.jpg?t=1330250389

ENTWURFH1a.jpg

As a layout is quite a sizable investment, not only in terms of money, take your time to come up with a design, which will satisfy you in years to come.

Thanks for those layout plans Sir Madog, don't worry - you're not appearing as nasty lol, it's nice to have a second opinion on things.

I can see what you're saying about having too much in a smallish space but this plan has everything I want and too be honest I just want to get on with it (not trying to be rude here....) I'm not going to be young forever and soon will probably going to university and will have other things on my mind so I just want to make a layout that I can personally enjoy, it wont be taken to any exhibitions or scrutinised by anyone who has a layout, just my family and friends - it's just going to be a bit of fun for me as I enjoy trains.

And looking at the first layout plan:

and comparing it to mine:

post-15085-0-83728300-1340648549_thumb.png

surely mine doesn't look that crammed? I appreciate mines in a much smaller space and there isn't as much room for scenery as that layout but then on the other hand I can't fit something like that layout on my board, there's not enough room to have curves coming into a station, then the station on a straight then more straight after.... it can't fit and I think what I have is the best I can really get into my space.

And after all, it is supposed to be a very urban layout and these often do have lots of track crammed in......

Again, thanks very much for the ideas and I am not trying to be rude in any way.....

Thanks, Oli

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Sir Madog that was just the visible part - the rest was the fiddle...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worked up, yet again, another plan lol - although this one is a variation of another one found here: http://www.rmweb.co....ut/page__st__25

So here is V 1.2 lol (also my new profile picture, fancied a change) ...

post-15085-0-95397400-1341854475_thumb.png

(Doesn't look too crowded if you remove all the jumble....)

post-15085-0-53566700-1341854470_thumb.png

As you can see I have extended the scenic section down the side, this will now house an actual mini town scene. There will be around 2-4 houses all with mini back gardens, the main two roads still remain. I have also made the multi-storey longer and reduced the height (in my mind lol) because before I thought having a really tall one towering over the road and being higher than the retaining walls would look 'out of place' so that's my reasoning behind the change. I have also decided (from looking at lots of other layouts, Blackmill in particular) that I want a more busy modern image with some form of industrial units or warehouses over the derelict look, sorry guys.... :(

And regarding the track plan, nothing has changed apart from the inner loop R/H point on the scenic section, I have changed it for a large radius because I thought it would look much better and more realistic.

Where it says "x2 Mini Warehouse Units" I mean something along the lines of this: http://www.ebay.co.u...e-/170608786060 - although I know a certain place where they are going for half the price.... :D

Here is what the fiddle yard will look like (roughly...)

post-15085-0-93313400-1341854465_thumb.png

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

As always, thanks for reading! :D

Oli

Archived