Loksound v 4.0 (For OO) with 2 speaker set up help

bossy

Hi,

I have fittied a class 43 HST with a SWD sound decoder and base reflex 4ohm speaker in the front car and planning via copper electrical tape+ wiring to fit a 44 x 20 4ohm speaker in the rear car.

I am I correct is thinking that the speakers need to be wired in series ie positive to 1st speaker neg to positive of second speaker and negative of second speaker back to decoder to give me a 8 ohm set up. I understand the Loksound V4 (oo guage) is 4 to 8ohm rated.

Luckly I did not finish the project which I realise I have wired in parallel which if I understand the numbers correct the two 4 ohm speakers would give me 2 ohm which is bad1????.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

bossy

PS when finished I will post onto ytube.

Much easier and more effective (though ?? more expensive) to buy a second decoder. LegoManBiffo's HST is awesome and works of a single address. Whichever power car has headlights on, horn will sound in, start ups a little time delay between the two power cars, JLTRT, horns are mega. Doesn't need two power cars if in current Hornby version, works perfectly with power and dummy with second decoder in dummy. By the time you have taken the coaches 8 or 9? apart, run wires through prayed that your electrical connectors don't fail in 10 different places you might be better off biting the bullet and buying two? We have done 2 like this and are delighted with result.

Archived