First bodyside grille completed tonight at last...

Some rejigging of a Lima CC72000 Bodyside grille has come up with a acceptable grille.

The body will be converted from a Roco CC72000 bodyshell obtained from a well known internet auction site. The detail on the cabs is far superior to the Lima version I had intended to use and the bodyside radiator grilles show the bodyside framing through the grilles.

Onwards and upwards as they say....

15880302627_0ac40056c2_z.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest B Exam

Another few days of being grilled....

16000783897_2da9b77c71_z.jpg

16186555425_c1bbd6a141_z.jpg

Well thats the bodyside grilles constructed. Coming soon to a workbench near me....

Butchery! A Roco CC72000 bodyshell goes to war with a razorsaw....

Edited by B Exam

More hard work and a little cussing along the way this week has seen one bodyside of the loco completed ready for insertion between the cabs. Both cabs have had new bufferbeams constructed, triangular window appertures cut out and the radiator fan roof panel turned around 180 deg, as the fans are at the inboard end of the panel compared to a CC72000.

15624315143_75bb9ac60d_z.jpg

16243350062_83d2cb917a_z.jpg

15621760394_d7d33d339e_z.jpg

• Like 1

Get that Loksound speaker programmed up Mr Gridwatcher. Starting to look like a nasty Asti....

15635845303_b2cd295c40_z.jpg

16253885421_cc4955793d_z.jpg

A night off the modelling with a well deserved drink methinks.

Edited by B Exam
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
I have been recently asked to dispose, (bin), of several photo albums from a model shop that is closing in East London. (The Engine Shed).

One of the albums is of the Ian Allan Railtour of Northern Portugal in May 1971. The album consists of 53 photos in black and white of mainly steam locos. (I consider them to be good quality).

I do not know who the photographer was/is.

Does anybody have any interest in them.

Andy Neil.

Edited by andytrains

A headsup though some of you will already know this.

jgmodelismo is releasing the first of a number of resin-bodied railcar models. Frustratingly, the first is to be the Nohab which I think is almost the same model as Norbrass's, though will be a bit cheaper (around 450 Euro DCC fitted, and around 650 DCC sound). There are some other models of Allan railcars and short bodied Nohabs in the offing as well. Everything will come fully finished and painted with etched details.

A fair old bit of duplication in the model railway sphere in Portugal at the moment, its a shame we can't have some of the other contenders like the dmus and emus.

I have been recently asked to dispose, (bin), of several photo albums from a model shop that is closing in East London. (The Engine Shed).
One of the albums is of the Ian Allan Railtour of Northern Portugal in May 1971. The album consists of 53 photos in black and white of mainly steam locos. (I consider them to be good quality).
I do not know who the photographer was/is.
Does anybody have any interest in them.
Andy Neil.

In among this album is a booklet with line drawings and dimensions of steam locos dated 1963.

Booklet is to a Mr Creed, who I presume may have been the person who took the photos.

ANY TAKERS OR ITS ALL GOING TO GET BINNED.

Edited by andytrains

In among this album is a booklet with line drawings and dimensions of steam locos dated 1963.

Booklet is to a Mr Creed, who I presume may have been the person who took the photos.

ANY TAKERS OR ITS ALL GOING TO GET BINNED.

PM sent.

And an Asti would be even better!

Yeah! It would save me some grief...

Things taking a little backburner at the moment. Lots filler and sanding going off in the roof department to get the profile right.

Bogie frames to tackle next....

ANY TAKERS OR ITS ALL GOING TO GET BINNED

A copy of the drawings would be most interesting! Are they broad / narrow gauge locos? There's quite a few drawings of the narrow gauge engines floating about(Continental Modeller  / WJK davies covering them extensively), less so of the broad gauge engines....

Regards

Richard.,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Things are happening down on Tyneside. The 'bar' doesn't belong there....just plonked down for the photo. Goes on another board. Big round grain silos (*see earlier posts) are not going to be used. The cement silos are to be painted with yellow bands and Cimpor logos too. Ground work looks very neat. Keep it up Malcolm!! 

post-657-0-15259000-1426345255_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-53633700-1426345276_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-72510400-1426345309_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest B Exam

Looking good Simon.

Bogie frames a nightmare. Managed to lose a critical component tonight.... PANIC!!!!!

Ebay is your friend. New part on order. Phew!

Hopefully things still on schedule for delivery to Lisboa on 17th April. Just over a month to go....

Guest B Exam

Has the paintshop been notified?

Yes, Simon. Paintshop on standby...

Some more phots of the latest work:

16223368784_4f459b7f26_z.jpg

16845737435_5427ef9bbd_z.jpg

16658377290_e28a8830a4_z.jpg

Will the layout be ready for August....?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest B Exam

Nasti Asti now complete apart from painting and etched details to add after painting.

Over to the Lisboa contingent for painting....

Get that sound chip on standby Simon...

• Like 1

Guest B Exam

Latest look at the Silos for Cimpor Campo De Leste....Logos to go onto glossy patches and then resprayed with matt varnish after that.

Lovely! Sexey Cimpor silos....