Finlow China Clay Layout

richard37670

Hi richard37670

Hey that's really quite something.

I see now why you were so interested backalong in weathered CDA's & their variety.

As stated above some great weathering & great modelling of the buildings.

Is it portable or fixed at home?

Keep up the good work & keep us posted with lots more pics

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

I really like the looks of this, the buildings look great. I've been collecting stock for a similar layout, now I know why I've struggled to get hold of CDAs. You've got them all!!

Can't wait for more pics.

Paul L

post-5224-0-79247300-1336938583_thumb.jpgpost-5224-0-75425800-1336938611_thumb.jpg

I really like the looks of this, the buildings look great. I've been collecting stock for a similar layout, now I know why I've struggled to get hold of CDAs. You've got them all!!

Can't wait for more pics.

Paul L

I was thinking exactly the same!!

I think between me and you Richard we have been keeping the price of CDA's high on flea bay!I think we could possibly model each and every cda between us lol.

What is the blue tank wagon?Is it a Bachmann or Hornby repainted?

Yeah went abit mad with the cda i think lol i wanted enough for the different style of train that ran at burngullow when seen them will keep the class 08 and 37 busy:-)

Thank you everyone for the reply have been doing bit in the evening for the past few months

The tta are Bachmann repaints

• RMweb Gold

That's going to be nice if done with the same attention to detail as your weathered Gronks.

Dunno what you think about the partially weathered bullets but I think they'd benefit from a bit of your weathering to blend the two finishes as the clean bits are too clean to my eyes.

That's going to be nice if done with the same attention to detail as your weathered Gronks.

Dunno what you think about the partially weathered bullets but I think they'd benefit from a bit of your weathering to blend the two finishes as the clean bits are too clean to my eyes.

thank mate going take my time with the layout not going rush it

yes the partially weathered one going have abit done to them abt of clay spill on the side and dull the sliver down abit.

Update so far been on google maps for the last few days looking at the layout of Burngullow kind getting there with sorting point and track it nearly something like it now going start laying track over the weekend.

Update so far been on google maps for the last few days looking at the layout of Burngullow kind getting there with sorting point and track it nearly something like it now going start laying track over the weekend.

Hi

Looking forward to seeing the results

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That's a nice fleet of 37's...and a few CDA's to boot too :O

Any chance you can post a track plan so we can see where it is all heading?

Great to see another china clay layout on the forum :yes:

• Like 1

Yes mate used the peco inspection pit for the track and used the knightwing carriage walk way for the gantry got add abit mre it it to finish it off. and paint the building

Thank you. getting there with the fleet got few more to add soon then will be finished with the loco. will add a track plan soon.