Manchester Show - 2nd-3rd October 2010 - UPDATED

Andy C

Here are a few pics from the show, mainly giving a total overlook at different layouts. Maybe photos like this break the illusion given on more close up photos, but I enjoy seeing complete layouts as well, as I often wonder how they appear unless given the chance to see them in flesh.

So here they are:

man_01.jpg

man_02.jpg

man_03.jpg

man_04.jpg

man_05.jpg

man_06.jpg

man_07.jpg

man_08.jpg

I made it to the show on Sunday and really enjoyed the experience. Fabulous layouts and also liked the layout of the hall. My only downside was I had to spend the first hour drying out after getting soaked to the skin in the torrential rain that started as soon as I got off the bus :blink: but then again it is Manchester :rolleyes:

I think it was craigwelsh who suggested members could give constructive critisism, well...

If we could also get a timetable for when the Ladies Hockey Teams play, I would find that most benificial :D

Boogy

I made it to the show on Sunday and really enjoyed the experience. Fabulous layouts and also liked the layout of the hall. My only downside was I had to spend the first hour drying out after getting soaked to the skin in the torrential rain that started as soon as I got off the bus :blink: but then again it is Manchester :rolleyes:

I think it was craigwelsh who suggested members could give constructive critisism, well...

If we could also get a timetable for when the Ladies Hockey Teams play, I would find that most benificial :D

Boogy

Boogy

Your wish is our command, but personally I'd have gone for the ladies lacrosse team having seen both :D Thighs you could crack nuts with.

I will endeavour next year to post the artificial pitch bookings before the show, if this means having to spend the weekend before perving observing for the benefit of our customers, so be it, i will endure ;)

As others have said, the show was fantastic. One thing that I thought was particularly excellent were the barriers. Looking a norsemans pics, and seeing the second one down of Rowlands Castle reminded me to mention it. Note the barriers are very substantial and are constructed in such away as you can prop a three year old on the first horizontal and he'll get a grand view of the trains, but more importantly it'll save his poor dad's back from packing in holding the weighty little chap up all day. Well done!

Paul

Your wish is our command, but personally I'd have gone for the ladies lacrosse team having seen both :D Thighs you could crack nuts with.

If the boyfriends of the ladies lacrosse team are reading this I just hope they are all 3rd year students and will have left by the time of next years show 'cos you'll be a marked man now, Andy :D

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Boogy

I will endeavour next year to post the artificial pitch bookings before the show, if this means having to spend the weekend before perving observing for the benefit of our customers, so be it, i will endure ;)

Looks like you've got as hard a job as we have at Wakefield marking oout the hall on the Thursdya evening when the athletes are practising sprints where the layouts go. It's awful hard work for the privileged few but someone has to do it.

Jamie

Worked on a motorway viaduct refurb job in the centre of Newcastle u Tyne many years back and never had a problem getting the lads out of the cabin in a morning. It was only when I saw our engineer peering through his theodolite that the penny dropped. We were alongside the female halls and had some very nice views :blink:

I must make more effort next year to enjoy all the scenery at Manchester, with exhibiting this year I missed most of the best views and only really saw the girls football team:(

Archived