Looking really good, 5 stars on detail reminds me of Warrington Arpley.

Some great night shots there,

Andy.

Looking good Alex, definitely think those night shots add more atmosphere!

Oli.

Thanks to swifty, andy and oli for the great comments. I'l be doing more night shots very soon (the reason why will be in the next post...)

Alex

I was down at Factory Lane the other day when I noticed something different:

post-12987-0-42420800-1350146648_thumb.jpg

post-12987-0-18646500-1350146625_thumb.jpg

post-12987-0-61354900-1350146602_thumb.jpg

Turns out that 67001 is now a resident here! The loco is currently waiting for a fitter to glue on its snowploughs (or whatever they are) and brake pipes.

post-12987-0-31712800-1350146582_thumb.jpg

post-12987-0-67134700-1350146557_thumb.jpg

This is the result of £99.50 and an exhibtion, and its a stunning loco. Well done Hornby! Shame that if I had taken £15 more I could have got a sound class 60! :resent:

Night pics to follow shortly,

Alex

I was down at Factory Lane the other day when I noticed something different:

Turns out that 67001 is now a resident here!

Alex

Nice pics Alex, I've got this on order with DCC Sound fitted( I got a professional to do it because there isn't much room to move in the body shell to fit a chip!) there a bit pricey but worth the money!

Nice pics Alex, I've got this on order with DCC Sound fitted( I got a professional to do it because there isn't much room to move in the body shell to fit a chip!) there a bit pricey but worth the money!

I agree, they are definitely worth the money! And it would sound great too!

Unfortunately I had a few decoder problems so have not been able to take any night shots.

Alex

Unfortunately I had a few decoder problems so have not been able to take any night shots.

Alex

Shame, do you have a YouTube account as I'm at Barrow-In-Furness MRC rail show and I'm making some videos of a small layout in Scotland with lots of EWS traction, hint, hint, and videos of Mick Bryans layout New Bryford. The link to my YouTube is at the bottom of this post, the 67 looks right at home on Factory lane!

Alex

Here is a link to the video I made of New Bryford model railway layout, check it out it has a good few DBS/EWS classes. Looking forward to your next update,

Thanks,

Swifty!

Shame, do you have a YouTube account as I'm at Barrow-In-Furness MRC rail show and I'm making some videos of a small layout in Scotland with lots of EWS traction, hint, hint, and videos of Mick Bryans layout New Bryford. The link to my YouTube is at the bottom of this post, the 67 looks right at home on Factory lane!

Here is a link to the video I made of New Bryford model railway layout, check it out it has a good few DBS/EWS classes. Looking forward to your next update,

Thanks,

Swifty!

Hi Swifty,

I dont have a youtube account (Yet...) but i'll be sure to check the video out anyway.

Alex

I was just about to buy 67001 when I find out it had been repainted into ARRIVA blue

Yeah, that nearly put me off as well. But they were only repainted in 2011, so with a bit of modellers license... :derisive:

Still, it's a grat model and I don't regret buying it at all.

Alex

DECODER PROBLEMS SORTED!

For some weird reason the decoder randomly reset itself to address 32 (it was 10!) Out of interest, has this happened to anybody else???

Anyways because the problem is fixed that means 67 Night Photos...

post-12987-0-64994800-1350328477_thumb.jpg

post-12987-0-36243400-1350328462_thumb.jpg

post-12987-0-09737000-1350328499_thumb.jpg

post-12987-0-26756600-1350328505_thumb.jpg

post-12987-0-17787800-1350328518_thumb.jpg

post-12987-0-62952700-1350328527_thumb.jpg

post-12987-0-18185500-1350328489_thumb.jpg

Some time soon I really need to post some real progress on here instead of playing with my new toy. That could be some time...

Alex

Hi Swifty,

I dont have a youtube account (Yet...) but i'll be sure to check the video out anyway.

Alex

Thanks mate, if you go on the New Bryford layout thread there is 1 long video on page 4 towards the bottom and 2 shor videos on page 5 around the top!

Thanks mate, if you go on the New Bryford layout thread there is 1 long video on page 4 towards the bottom and 2 shor videos on page 5 around the top!

Yes, it's a very nice layout. Shame I didn't have space for a main line (well I could build one in z gauge...)

Very nice videos you have there,

Alex

DECODER PROBLEMS SORTED!.

Alex

I have had a similar problem too, pics are looking very nice! And no there's no need to post progress, it's nice just to see pics of you laying trains!

Yes, it's a very nice layout. Shame I didn't have space for a main line (well I could build one in z gauge...)

Very nice videos you have there,

Alex

Problem would be it would be too small for you to see!

But full Pendolino set (18-odd coaches I think) in 2 feet would be great!

Alex

Yes but imagine shunting! Your little finger would be the size of a coal wagon! And a pendolino is either 9 or 11 cars.

A pendolino is either 9 or 11 cars.

pendolinos are 11 cars long

What about two 9 car pendolino sets coupled together (not exactly prototypical but still :scratchhead:)

Yes but imagine shunting! Your little finger would be the size of a coal wagon!

I suppose so, uncoupling would be a bit fiddly. But you could have a huge hump marshalling yard.

Let's just agree that Z gauge is a bit too small (and I know nothing about pendolinos!)

Alex

Some time soon I really need to post some real progress on here...

PROGRESS:

The bridge is slowly getting there. I cut up the first bit of wood and now cannot do anything else because I have no materials and no money:

post-12987-0-24740000-1350818363_thumb.jpg

I started to finish the walkways, got bored (and went crazy) so stopped at this:

post-12987-0-48533800-1350818388_thumb.jpg

And I painted the hill brown because I had some brown paint (and the hill looked silly when it was just polystyrene):

post-12987-0-31491200-1350818409_thumb.jpg

There is my progress report, so now I can go and do some shunting etc on FL. Will upload pics later,

Alex

I suppose so, uncoupling would be a bit fiddly. But you could have a huge hump marshalling yard.

Let's just agree that Z gauge is a bit too small (and I know nothing about pendolinos!)

Alex

Yeh, z is tiny, and there are no pendolinos in N or Z gauge. I'm based on the west coast so I see loads of them, the latest layout progress looks great!

the latest layout progress looks great!

Thanks swifty, the layout is slowly coming along but I keep getting distracted by a certain class 67... :sungum:

Ah well, It's got to be run sometime (and that sometime is all the time!)

Alex

Archived