Thanks swifty, the layout is slowly coming along but I keep getting distracted by a certain class 67...

Alex

When I get mine it will never be stopped! Un less it's for a driver change while I'm at school or having tea!

When I get mine it will never be stopped! Un less it's for a driver change while I'm at school or having tea!

I get the same sort of feeling, but I have to stop mine or it will run straight into the wall!

Nice pictures, still loving the orange sunset background! :)

The orange is still a bit offputting and makes taking photos a pain-you always get an orange glare on the rails!

Thanks for looking,

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

There's been no progress over the past couple of weeks as I've been busy with other things. I have been thinking of what to cover the hill at the back with - static grass or hanging basket liner - but can't decide??? it will have trees on it as well to try to hide the join between board and backscene (when that is built!!!).

That's all for now,

Alex

There's been no progress over the past couple of weeks as I've been busy with other things. I have been thinking of what to cover the hill at the back with - static grass or hanging basket liner - but can't decide??? it will have trees on it as well to try to hide the join between board and backscene (when that is built!!!).

That's all for now,

Alex

Nice, looking froward to the next update! :)

Nice looking layout and selection of locos. Like the 57 !! is that a Bachmann loco?

Yes, the 57 is a Bachmann loco that I picked up at an exhibition last year for £35 - and it was new!!!

Alex

That's all for now,

Alex

Id go with static grass personally both look good but I prefer static. Although what you use depends on how much you want to spend.

Sutty :)

Yes, the 57 is a Bachmann loco that I picked up at an exhibition last year for £35 - and it was new!!!

Alex

Wow £35 for a brand new 57 Thunderbird, I paid £90 for mine off ebay a couple of years ago!!! Although to be fair I dont mind as it was a loco I always wanted and is my favourite out of all I own :)

Wow £35 for a brand new 57 Thunderbird, I paid £90 for mine off ebay a couple of years ago!!! Although to be fair I dont mind as it was a loco I always wanted and is my favourite out of all I own :)

All 3 off mine were expensive

Wow £35 for a brand new 57 Thunderbird, I paid £90 for mine off ebay a couple of years ago!!!

I have the Heljan one and paid £60...........great bargain you got.

The 57 was the only Bachmann loco on an all-Hornby stand (Which might have something to do with it...)

In reality I only bought it because of the price. I was looking for something EWS but it is still a great model, if not troublesome at times.

Alex

It is still a great model, if not troublesome at times.

On this subject does anybody else have problems with intermittent running qualities on bachy 57s? Mine is quite jerky at slow speeds with a Bachmann decoder in it.

I reckon it may have something to do with the lack of pickups (only to 4 axles) but other than that I have no idea.

It does seem worse with the lighting on though???

Alex

Id go with static grass personally both look good but I prefer static. Although what you use depends on how much you want to spend.

Hi Sutty and thanks for the advice. The main concern with using static grass is that it will be too thin or patchy in places, and I also don't have any fancy applicator other than a small sieve - not ideal.

The idea of using hanging basket came from the "£100 Project" on here, and it looked good. So really, can anyone tell me the cost difference???

On this subject does anybody else have problems with intermittent running qualities on bachy 57s? Mine is quite jerky at slow speeds with a Bachmann decoder in it.

I reckon it may have something to do with the lack of pickups (only to 4 axles) but other than that I have no idea.

Alex

Mine runs fine, no problems atall. Although I have a Hornby Sapphire decoder in mine as its an 8 pin connector.

Hi Sutty and thanks for the advice. The main concern with using static grass is that it will be too thin or patchy in places, and I also don't have any fancy applicator other than a small sieve - not ideal.

The idea of using hanging basket came from the "£100 Project" on here, and it looked good. So really, can anyone tell me the cost difference???

Have a look for the Gaugemaster Static Grass Starter Pack. Its around £12 for a puffer bottle applicator and a small pack of grass. I plan on getting one soon for my little project. Im not on price of additional grass packs but im sure its not too expensive, try ebay or Hattons.

Alex

My class 57/3 Lady Penelope is a bit jerky but my Jeff Tracy is fine and 57315 is perfect

Have a look for the Gaugemaster Static Grass Starter Pack. Its around £12 for a puffer bottle applicator and a small pack of grass. I plan on getting one soon for my little project. Im not on price of additional grass packs but im sure its not too expensive, try ebay or Hattons.

I have seen the Noch puffer bottles around for £4 but reviews of them are mixed. I think that the static grass packs are about £3-5 so not at all that expensive, but a quick search on Homebase website (should've thought of that before) would show that the HB liner is only £4.99 for 150cm x 60cm. Overall it does not look like much difference in price, but I still am not sure about the quality of the finished product. I reckon that I want a kind of rough, unkempt look. So still open to any more advice and opinions.

Alex

Mine runs fine, no problems atall. Although I have a Hornby Sapphire decoder in mine as its an 8 pin connector.

My class 57/3 Lady Penelope is a bit jerky but my Jeff Tracy is fine and 57315 is perfect

So it looks like mine is a special case. I'm tempted to start a new thread on this topic...

Alex

Archived