New Scalescenes Small Engine Shed kit

My Small Engine Shed kit is now available. A very versatile kit, this single road shed has all the features you'll need to service your branch line!

The kit is packed with great options and features including:

• Optional water tank
  • Optional wall without windows
  • Optional closed in end
  • Rich interior wall, floor and roof detail
  • Roof vent and truss detail

Happy modelling!

John

post-8868-0-07527800-1338551448_thumb.jpg

post-8868-0-90212000-1338551538_thumb.jpg

Hi John, I've been avidly reading the entire Scalescenes- sponsored sub forum since I found it yesterday. I had drifted away from the card models in favour of scratch-building out of card and clad in clay , but I'm inspired to give your kits a go again (just need to get a decent printer/printing stock sorted)

I got the Hornby issue that had part one of the kit in it, purely because it had a Scalescenes kit with it, but failed to get the subsequent issues, so I'm glad you've finally released it.

cheers

Lee

Guest Moria

Awesome as usual. hmmm I wonder if I could get away with an old shed hiding behind the newer one on the layout.

hmmm let me think about this for a while.

Will deffinately get bought and added to the folder though :)

Regards

Graham

This is one of the kits that really plays to (what to me is) one of Scalescene's greatest strengths - the ability to use several (either end-to-end or side-to-side (or both!), which makes the kit more cost-effective.

Just a thought - how do the dimensions compare to the Dapol/Airfix kit? Would it be possible to use the kit to clad an Airfix shed (or several...)

• RMweb Gold

This is a great looking kit. I myself would like to see a small shed with either timber or corrugated materials, but I realise its not as easy to just add these as texture options to this kit, as the design isnt suitable

• 2 weeks later...

engine shed

Here's my effort, adapted from the free Hornby scalescene kit, i recovered it in random ashlar paper ( scalescene's ) and altered end and roof to build it without water tank,
Its sitting over scalescene inspection pit,shortened to suit shed. Its not quite bedded into layout yet as it has to be removable.

Tel

edit tried to remove top album link /failed

post-6919-0-99227400-1340135801_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's an attractive little building, but have some doubts about whether it would be built like that in real life. I think the weight of the water tank would preclude having a large window in the wall below, without building in additional strengthening, as this would lead to potential structural weakness in the brickwork over the window arch. I am inclined to build it with solid walls on both sides in the bay below the tank and the windows on each side of the rear bay. I also agree with the comments in one of the other posts about the apparent age of the building. The general design would fit any date from the late nineteenth century onwards, but the weathered effect on the doors would suggest a degree of neglect inappropriate for the heydays of the private railway companies and more suited to late period BR. The same applies to the goods shed I have just built. If John is reading this, might I suggest including some alternative unweathered overlays for the doors in the kits would be useful for a model set in an earlier period?

Pint of Pedigree

Archived