Cheap 45120 Peak at Modelzone

andyman7

May depend on how well the blanking plates for the bodyside steps are stuck in. Very tempting though.

They are not very well glued in, one of mine has fallen out as soon as it left the box, its now somewhere in the carpet for safe keeping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

After the last sell out they are now back in stock, at the same price

I've just ordered a further one to become 3rd Carabinier

Royal Irish Fusilier and Honourable Artillery Company were added to my fleet from the last batch.

Get em while you can- they won't last long.

Neil

After the last sell out they are now back in stock, at the same price

I've just ordered a further one to become 3rd Carabinier

Royal Irish Fusilier and Honourable Artillery Company were added to my fleet from the last batch.

Get em while you can- they won't last long.

Neil

There was 3rd Carabinier on ebay the other day

What is it about these blessed machines, they're irresistible.

Ping! There goes PayPal again...

I bought one on a whim Chard and you're right, they're irresistable! Mine will most likely become a pre-Tops blue NE/SW machine circa 1971, I've already put some trimmed down Heljan Hymek headcodes on it ;)

• RMweb Gold

I know Chard and Nidge tis difficult. I have four splitters now- need to balance my peak fleet with more central headcode variants including the "central split" version which Bachmann haven't done many of.

I'm going to rework one of my homemade split headcode variants to the unique 45 049 or 45 064 which had split one end, and central headcode other. All mine will be 1974 condition when the bulk weren't carrying TOPS numbers.

Neil

I know Chard and Nidge tis difficult. I have four splitters now- need to balance my peak fleet with more central headcode variants including the "central split" version which Bachmann haven't done many of.

I'm going to rework one of my homemade split headcode variants to the unique 45 049 or 45 064 which had split one end, and central headcode other. All mine will be 1974 condition when the bulk weren't carrying TOPS numbers.

Neil

I did a brief audit of my staunchly Transition Era Waverley Route fleet over the weekend. Modelzone's recent special offer has resulted in some bias of types and colours, it is fair to say! [For non-WR devotees, each headcode configuration is represented in roughly equal proportion, but by '68 the fleet was becoming increasingly BFYE (a perception perhaps skewed by the photographers' choice of subjects).]

However, I have also been grazing as many of the plain green D163 centre-splits as possible from eBay and D67s from (lamented) Trainsontime of Paisley, that started life fitted to sound-chipped locos. That and a glut of BFYE centre single panel 46053 spare bodies has meant that the fleet can be shuffled to be roughly proportionate in headcode types. However, Bachmann have yet to do a BFYE centre-split as far as I know, so there's a likely repaint or two on the cards, from the economy green D163.

I'm not sure that I dare mention the current fleet total, instead I'll save that for one of my modelling threads once the W/B is creaking under the strain of all these sixteen-wheelers!

My local store gave up its display model this afternoon. I tried to resist, really I did. My intentions were to check if the sale price still applied and if they had any left but once the girl had said it was the last one and it was still cheap I crumbled very quickly.

Thank goodness I have just shifted two Lima 47s on feeBay to offset this.

Now, what to do with the blasted thing...

Come to think of it, I believe I have one kicking around here from 47404. I ran it on the rollers on DC - it seems a little low-geared but smooth enough. A dab of yellow on the markers will help and thinking about trying to darken the tail lights as they are a little fierce.

Anyhoo, the numbers came off easily and cleanly. 45051 here we come...

• RMweb Gold

I did a brief audit of my staunchly Transition Era Waverley Route fleet over the weekend. Modelzone's recent special offer has resulted in some bias of types and colours, it is fair to say! [For non-WR devotees, each headcode configuration is represented in roughly equal proportion, but by '68 the fleet was becoming increasingly BFYE (a perception perhaps skewed by the photographers' choice of subjects).]

However, I have also been grazing as many of the plain green D163 centre-splits as possible from eBay and D67s from (lamented) Trainsontime of Paisley, that started life fitted to sound-chipped locos. That and a glut of BFYE centre single panel 46053 spare bodies has meant that the fleet can be shuffled to be roughly proportionate in headcode types. However, Bachmann have yet to do a BFYE centre-split as far as I know, so there's a likely repaint or two on the cards, from the economy green D163.

I have a list of Peak headcode variants from late 1975 (ICRS newsletter) just before the plating over of the panels began in earnest. I was very surprised to see how many 45s had the central headcode variant as per all 46s at the end. Must have been a number of shunts in their lives, a lot of 45/1s were this way - maybe part of the ETH fitting regime?

I have a number of 46 bodyshells, one will become 45 001 (centre non-split) but need to take care with those darned triangular panels which were on all 46s (caveat emptor) and some 45s, and the battery box covers. Bachmann could really do with a BFYE centre splitter as you say Chard.

Bread & Butter traction for my WR located layout on the NE-SW route.

Neil

Just fired off a few quick shots of my splittie as a work in progress so far..... old numers and arrows removed, body repainted using Hombrol #221 blue, Replica Railways rub on numbers and logos applied, partially weathered and test fitting a trimmed down reporting number from the Heljan Western sheet... still plenty to do, thechassis will get a coat of dirty black and appropriate weathering on top of that, plus the glazing will have theedges blacked in before refitting to the body. I chose number 20 in the end after finding a nice shot of it at Bradford Exchange in an old issue of Railway Magazine...

(The pre- 1973 style depot allocation sticker above the arrow logo under the driver's window was knocked up from sections of Replica's NSE transfers, using the outline of the 'Network Southest' lettering, it took a few goes mind!)

post-7638-0-92175100-1342527428_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-79692700-1342527511_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-72889300-1342527587_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys just to let you know I bought one of these from Australia. If anyone is contemplating buying one of these from Australia please be aware the standard Modelzone delivery fee is £49.99 - more than the actual model when taking VAT into consideration! I bought it online from my and couldn

Archived