DC kits class 501

Hi Michael,

Love the video. The squeak sounds like a fast running dodgy air compressor and saves you £100 on a sound decoder. A couple of slide packers on the bogies will stop body roll on the curves.

Keep up the good work. Vin

Settled - I'm building one

Will be unpowered and travelling to Eastleigh for a special G.O. behind a Crompton between two LMS design brakevans

Class 501's went to Woverton for overhaul not Eastleigh I found a picture on te web of a Class 501 being returned after overhaul at Wolverton by a Class 81

http://www.leightonlogs.org/04018281010.jpg

If you require any further info/help on Class 501's I am happy to help just PM. A couple of my articles on/related to Class 501's will be appearing in Traction Magazine in the first quarter of next year.

XF

Class 501's went to Woverton for overhaul not Eastleigh I found a picture on te web of a Class 501 being returned after overhaul at Wolverton by a Class 81

If you require any further info/help on Class 501's I am happy to help just PM. A couple of my articles on/related to Class 501's will be appearing in Traction Magazine in the first quarter of next year.

XF

Rule 53a "My railway" applied !! :imsohappy:

"Winchester" sees a very eclectic collection of motive power & rolling stock.

2 Class 501's were transferred to the SR @ 1970 and were initially allocated to an engineers depot at Redhill. There were given units numbers 051 & 052 and were used for bogie trials on the SR in connection with the 4 PEP project. I found a photo on the internet of one of the coaches stored at Clapham Jct. and mounted on the trial bogies.

So you have the perfect excuse to have a full 3 car Class 501 on the. SR and there was also the First and Last Farewell Class 501 tour in 1985 which travelled over SR metals and visited North Woolwich.

XF

Archived