unique Heljan class 58

Far from unique! Requires much less touching-up than the initial run of Triple-Grey Bones though which didn't have black cab doors. Or rad grilles IIRC.

On the plus side, lack of attention resulting in livery laziness like this is a boon to those who wish to alter their loco as they are unlikely to fly off the shelves to the non alteration modeller so the price comes down.

The Heljan Bone is a sound model, notwithstanding silly paint issues, but I did feel for my chums in the Class 58 Loco Group which supplied data to the Danish firm.

C6T.

Hi Craig

You could probably run this on your layout I have seen a few real locos with spelling mistakes deliberate or otherwise ones which I remember or have seen

are as follows

47643 had SOOTRAIL rather than Scotrail this was at the Boness railway during its return to service

There was a Transrail class 37 and class 56 I think cant remember what way round it was but loco had TRANSRAL and TRANSPAIL!!!!!!!!

There was a Loadhaul class 37 possibly 37518 but not sure was changed to TOADHAULl!!!!!!

A class 14 repainted in railfreight redstripe had Railfreight as RAILFRIGHT scary eh!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition there was a class 56 or 60 that had the big T missing class 37's with the door in the middle of the loco swapped from a different loco

The Stop and Examine section at the back of Rail magazine used feature some of these oddities.

As for the class 58 you have I am not sure if the real loco had this particular miss-spelling from what others have said it seems unlikley but not impossible am sure

there must have been at least one class 58 that had a miss-spell or some kind of liverey difference.

hope this helps

Dave

Archived