The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Tour de France

Tim Lewis

I think it's brilliant.

Plus it made it onto ITV1!

I remember watching it on Channel 4 back in the 80s - and not even considering there could be a British winner. Road cycling is coming out of the sport wilderness.

• RMweb Premium

The win was a great achievement, but the manner of the win was magnificent; not exploiting the unfair advantage gained when your main rival punctured due to sabotage, the worlds best sprinter cheerfully acting as domestique, the yellow jersey as lead out in the sprint. Brilliant to see honour and fair play so richly rewarded.

• RMweb Gold

Presumably, you would say that he had been lucky to win Paris-Nice, the Tour of Romandie, the Critérium du Daupiné, etc?

That looks more like perfect preparation than luck to me.

Nick

I was told once that the more I practised the 'luckier' I would get.

Right, despite the strange orange ball in the sky, I'm off out on the Bianchi for a quick 21K. Poser? I don't care if I am! :sungum:

Great taste in steed good sir!!! May I ask which model? I ride an Infinito.

I too went out for a 30 miler (approx) proudly wearing my Maillot Jaune (which I treated myself to when I went to France to cheer our boys on during the early stages of this years Tour) in celebration of Team Sky's achievements!!

Blah, blah and he was born in Belgium etc :nono: Doesn't stop him being British! :locomotive:

Do you mean in the same way as Lennox Lewis, Greg Rusedski, Kevin Pieterson, Jonathan Trott, Chris Froome, etc are British?

I think it was the Duke of Wellington when someone mentioned that he was born in Ireland replied, "Just because you are born in a stable doesn't mean you are a horse". The important thing is when you ask any of those people you mention whether on not THEY think they are British.

Keeping up a fine old British tradition of knocking anyone who does rather well in a sporting activity. Well done to all the Sky team I say, what a great example of teamwork. And they were a multi national team.

Archived