BRM September 2012

Dicky W

Good afternoon

Here's what's coming up in the latest issue.

Sorry no launch video this time as Chris has been prised from his computer and is is having a well-deserved break. Going to miss that music!

Regards

Richard

post-1481-0-96205700-1343322045_thumb.jpg

post-1481-0-46505500-1343322107_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hi all,

Over the next few days I'll be uploading some sneak previews of various features that you'll find in the September issue of BRM.

This issue is a 'Weathering Special' and includes the free 32-page Modelling Inspiration magazine. Unlike the first printed MI, this issue is entirely new content with Andy York focusing on Pendon's Vale Scene and HMRS Dewsbury Goods. We're really happy with this issue of BRM with the general feeling in the office that this is our best yet! We hope you feel the same.

Here's the first of many sneak previews. This is the opening spread of our lead layout feature: January 1968, photographed by a certain Mr A York!

post-14186-0-14691600-1343813989.jpg

Thanks,

Steve

Where is the trademark smokey haze? Or are they all out of service?

That's the scrap line Ed, even I couldn't sneak some wisps in there. However this will all be balanced by a splutteringly-fumy shot on one of the Jan '68 pages. Well I assume it'll be in there as I haven't seen the article once the professionals have had their mitts on it. :)

• Administrators

Right, day two and another spread to whet your appetite!

Today we're previewing the awesome puddle diorama by RMweb member, Michael Russell. This is part of our Practical BRM series and Michael goes into detail on how you can model puddles to this quality. This is the first spread of the 4-page article.

post-14186-0-39454400-1343893408.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Steve. I've been muddling through my mudelling for years, now I'll be able to puddle through!

The Practical BRM series seems to be working out really well. Part 2 of the derelict build, too? Should be good.

Jeff

• Administrators

Thanks Jeff. Yes, Part two of the derelict barn article is in this issue. The finished barn is very impressive, especially when compared to the prototype! I'll upload the Woodmores Scrapyard opening spread tomorrow - it's stunning!

• Administrators

Here you go, a sneak preview of our stunning 6-page pictorial article on Michael Russell's stunning 2011 RMweb Challenge entry: Woodmores Scrapyard!

post-14186-0-01118600-1343979795.jpg

This issue of BRM goes on-sale as a Digital Edition on Monday! It'll be available in shops on Thursday.

• Administrators

I've just been told that the September issue is now available to download as a Digital Edition - a few days earlier than expected. Remember, it includes the FREE 32-page Modelling Inspiration magazine featuring new content: Pendon's Vale Scene and HMRS Dewsbury Goods. For details on how to download a Digital Edition, click here: https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/information/BRM_digital_editions

• Administrators

As I won't be around this weekend, here's another spread from the September issue - which is NOW AVAILABLE to download as a digital edition: https://www.model-ra...igital_editions

Remember, this issue includes the FREE 32-page Modelling Inspiration magazine!

This spread is from Nigel Burkin's Practical BRM article on how to backdate and weather a Class 47.

post-14186-0-12762700-1344007811.jpg

Have a great weekend.

Steve and the BRM Team!

• RMweb Premium

The Woodmores Scrapyard picture reminds me of the films made of the artist (and 9F owner) David Shepherd, while touring Barry Scrapyard in the late 60s. Can you imagine a modeller buying a pristine steamer in order to convert it to a scrapyard wreck? I say this jokingly, so I'm sure somebody reading this will cite examples of it being done.

Looks like a good article - but a bit beyond my (non-existent!!) weathering skills.

Jeff

• Administrators

Looks like a good article - but a bit beyond my (non-existent!!) weathering skills.

Jeff - just after the Woodmores Scrapyard article, we have a Practical BRM feature about creating rust! Follow Michael Russell's advice and there's no reason why you can't be creating weathered locos to the standard in the Scrapyard article!

• RMweb Premium

I'll give you credit, Steve. You are very good with the PR and are empowered with the articles to back it up (that's meant as a compliment). Talk about whetting the apetite. I may have to buy a "cheap" Hornby Railroad steamer to start learning the "crapping-up" process. Whatever, if you can encourage me to try new skills, that's a good thing.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Jeff,

Buy a Dapol (Airfix) loco kit to practice on - much cheaper !!

Stu

Thanks for the advice Stu. I've never really had a go at weathering rolling stock - I've always been afraid to "mess up" something that's expensive. But as I've got older I've adopted more of a "sod it" attitude (I remember the time when I didn't want to ballast track and used that horrible foamy stuff!!), so I fancy having a go at crapping-up a wagon or two!!

Cheers,

Jeff

• Administrators

Here's another sneak preview from the September issue. This is from Practical BRM on How to make... realistic rust.

Remember, the September issue can be purchased as a Digital Magazine NOW. Click here to find out more: https://www.model-ra...igital_editions

The printed magazine goes on-sale on Thursday.

post-14186-0-44883100-1344239817.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve.

The digital download via the Newsstand app doesn't seem to be working, I just keep getting an error message. You might want to get that checked out.

bdf3b266.jpg

Tom.

• Administrators

Here's another sneak preview of an article in the Sept issue of BRM. This is a Practical BRM article by RMweb member Martin McDermott on weathering stock.

Remember, this issue features the FREE 32-page Modelling Inspiration magazine, made-up of all-new content!

The magazine goes on-sale tomorrow (August 9)!

post-14186-0-69068800-1344441327.jpg

I have to say I am impressed with this issue....I haven't purchased a copy for Years. The cover interested me in Smiffs, and I was pleasantly surprised by the content. If this is now the standard it may be subscription time soon :O

Regards,

Lee.

Archived