BRM September 2012

Dicky W

Last month I purchased a single digital copy online and was suitably impressed to take out a year's digital subscription last Sunday. However, I can't find it available anywhere for me, though the subscription is listed as successful. I am assuming that as it originally stated it would be available on Tuesday, I would have to wait, and get it after then, but nothing is available!

Stewart

I have purchased my reserved copy from the newsagent and have started to have a good read, trying to look at RMweb at the same time, who says i cant multitask :nono:

erm hang on that bit looks interesting about puddles, ohh and that ,sorry gonna have to shut the pc down cant concentrate on both :O , ohhhhh look at that weathering :locomotive: .

Having returned to purchasing BRM since its coming together with RMweb, I can honestly say, I think it is going from strength to strength.

The September issue which I bought at lunchtime today is outstanding.....the BRM team need to be congratulated on raising the bar to such a high standard, its a stunning issue.

Well done indeed.....it is back on my regular magazine purchasing list after a gap of a couple of years.!!!

Bob

Sharp-eyed readers may have spotted a different photographers name in the MI section. My lad Harry (15) did his work experience with me last month whilst classmates had the luxury of normal hours shelf-stacking etc and certainly developed his capabilities to go with his art and graphics courses. All I did was a bit of sheet waggling in the background of the photos and the rest was all down to him after he'd made notes following me prepare other images. After he finished writing up his records he was then promoted to assistant chilli maker for Members' Day. I reckon he put in over 70 hours work that week in one form or another.

• RMweb Gold

I was amused to see a BRM magazine opened at a certain Static Grass article, by a Mr A York, being used to advertise the selling of static grass and associated tool on a sales stand at the recent Plymouth show.

Sharp-eyed readers may have spotted a different photographers name in the MI section. My lad Harry (15) did his work experience with me last month whilst classmates had the luxury of normal hours shelf-stacking etc and certainly developed his capabilities to go with his art and graphics courses. All I did was a bit of sheet waggling in the background of the photos and the rest was all down to him after he'd made notes following me prepare other images. After he finished writing up his records he was then promoted to assistant chilli maker for Members' Day. I reckon he put in over 70 hours work that week in one form or another.

He is a credit to you Andy. Very polite young man whenever I have spoken to him.

Bob

Picked up my copy this morning and was impressed once again, will be phoning up to register for subscription very soon.

Article on puddles was very good and is something I will look at as I wanted to model a showery day anyway. I wonder if puddles will become the new 'Bus on the bridge'?

Jim

• RMweb Gold

I've just bought 3 out of the last 4 issues*. It really is a big turnaround and shows a lot of hard work has gone in by many people.

Until recently I barely bought it once a year, and it had the air of the old Model Railway Constructor when it was in terminal decline (IMHO).

Going from zero to hero is no mean feat.

(*Poss missed one due to being abroad for 3 weeks before anyone asks!)

• Administrators

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your comments. It really does mean a lot to all of the BRM Team. We've worked really hard changing the magazine into something we are now really proud of. Reading the positive comments above makes it all worthwhile!!!

Thanks all. Have a great weekend.

Steve

• RMweb Premium

BRM must be gaining in popularity as it took quite a bit of finding! There was a time when the shelves of Smiths were full of copies - eventually tracked the September issue down to Morrisons...one copy left.

I'm not surprised. Model Rail has "reformatted" itself - and done a good job. But BRM is, in my view, currently the best of the bunch. I'll buy one more issue then, probably, subscribe.The Blackpool and Fylde layout, along with the Practical BRM articles, was outstanding (not to mention MI).

Only one thing missing with my copy - it wasn't in a bag...can I complain, please?!! :nono:

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Only one thing missing with my copy - it wasn't in a bag...can I complain, please?!! :nono:

Jeff

No, No, NO! No bags please. I do not always look on RMWeb before a purchase so I browse in the shop. The bag stopped me buying one for ages

• RMweb Premium

No, No, NO! No bags please. I do not always look on RMWeb before a purchase so I browse in the shop. The bag stopped me buting one for ages

Shouldn't worry ChrisN, I think the No Bag thing has become something of a standing joke among some RM Webbers, mention of it was specifically forbidden (may still be, but I hope the Mods are being a bit more lenient re BRM) until recently when the mag started to appear unbagged at newsagents.

I think subscribing is now the only way you'll get this mag in a bag.

Regards,

John

Archived