Towcester

Nobby (John)

Hello

The two boards have made the journey from John's garage to my railway room and I am now constructing the bridge over the river Tove. To make this easier I have removed the track bed board. This will be replaced when the bridge and river are done later this week. Also the sky will be painted as well, the blue base at least, the clouds will come later.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

Hello

The River Tove is now flowing through the Northamptonshire countryside. Very placid not even a ripple based on the photos we took a couple of years ago. Also the bridge girders and railings are under construction, should be finished tomorrow.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

Hello

The foam for the embankments has now been put in place, when it dries later today I will carve it to shape and lay a base coat for the grass matting to be put in place, hopefully by later tomorrow.

Cheers

George

Edited by Bedlam George
  • Like 2

Hello

the grass has now been put on the embankments and the bridge parapets have been painted and fitted, they will just need a little weathering.  Also the track has been painted. Next job is to put the fence along the bottom of the embankment and then lay the fields. hardest part is now over.

Cheers

George

Hello

Rob not like popping round but the layout will be appearing at Trainwest at Cosham in April which is in your area. Also as mentioned earlier at Milton Keynes in February and Nottingham in March. Hopefully there will be another couple of pictures up later today.

Cheers

George 

• Like 2

Hello

First loco ran down the new board this afternoon. Also the new signal was activated, eventually.so it is just a matter of finishing the landscaping and a couple of other little jobs. Hopefully pictures to follow later.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Wiring of extension completed.          

Quick work putting that SYP on the SLW 24............................

And as for the extra wiring - I bet it was just two wires to each track.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Hello

Mick, wrong on both counts. ~The 24 is a Bachmann one that is meant to run on the new layout, bought S/H at Newcastle two years ago. It was just two wires to one track. The one at the back is a dead siding , all that remains of the old SMJ line to Woodford Halse. It will have a few condemned old wagons on it eventually. The green carpet costs more than Axminster Pete, I wouldn't want to have to use it on my sitting room . Silflor is great stuff but definitely not cheap.

Cheers

George 

• Like 2

Hello

Fencing now in place as are the fields, creation is a marvellous thing, perhaps I get to rest on the seventh day.

Cheers

George

Hello

Nice thought Derek but I don't see it happening sadly. The cable trunking has been put in place this evening.

Cheers

George

Hello

Thank-you as ever for the kind and witty comments. Geoff the layout will be 25ft long at Trainwest. We had already altered the info sheet to allow for the extension. This the first layout that I have altered after it was originally built; I rather suspect it will be the last. Seemed like a good idea late in a pub somewhere.

Cheers

George