The human side of the railway...

A small contingent of the orange army gets a final briefing on the soon to be lengthened short suburban platforms at London Waterloo on 4th August 2017, ahead of three weeks of engineering work which began on 5th August.

attachicon.gifClass 455 + orange army Waterloo 04082017 cropped - RMWeb.jpg

I hope it all goes smoothly for the orange army, rail staff and travelling public using Waterloo over the next few weeks. 

Right chaps.

The train on the left is a Class 455, the one in the middle is a Class 455 and the one on the right is a Class 455. Got that?

• RMweb Gold

Right chaps.

The train on the left is a Class 455, the one in the middle is a Class 455 and the one on the right is a Class 455. Got that?

I hope the conversation was more along the lines of;

"Right chaps, if these are still here tomorrow when we're scheduled to start the job then we're b*ggered !"

I think it would have looked better with headcodes, BUT

if any one wants to have a play, feel free.

Part of Fusilier's history for its last few months in service Ray!

This one's from Alan Bricker, he's in the chair of one of Old Oak's 08s with legendary Driver 'Gunner' James...

post-7638-0-51970400-1502293589_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 6

I think it would have looked better with headcodes, BUT

if any one wants to have a play, feel free.

D1023 had the headcode blinds removed in Sept 76 at Laira due to their poor condition as there no replacements the dots where used this was at the same time head codes where being removed from all BR locos.

There is a story at the time of the fitting of the dots it was done because of a rail tour that D1023 was going to work onto the BR Eastern Region which they were required for,not true.

Cheers Gareth

I hope it all goes smoothly for the orange army, rail staff and travelling public using Waterloo over the next few weeks. 

From this morning's news, looks like your hopes have been dashed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40933704

Right chaps.

/7, /8 or /9?