Pug experiment

• RMweb Premium

I used to have a vauxhall corsa with a v6 in it

I can think of much better places for a V6 - unless you tunneled it. :O

Like my car (it already has one - with lumpy cams and ported). :boast:

Some one I know, knows some one with a Vectra V6, quick in straight line, rubbish in corners - no grip, so gets reeled it very quickly by a larger better balanced car.

Nice job

• 1 month later...

very little bit of progress, rather than do much on this I have been running and playing with it a lot and happy with how its performing and coping with complex trackwork.

what I have done is the door, I copied the agenoria door in resin, then sanded the back of it down so it sat flush, the shape of the pugs smokebox door seem to be flat which then bulges out in the centre (the shape reminds me of sherbet flying saucer sweets) so i tried to get that shape, took a few castings to get a good one, with a scalpel cut the smokebox straps back.

I made the numberplate from a piece of plasticard, the 27A shedplate is from 247 developments and the dart is from Alan Gibson.

Ive been waiting on transfers to do the numbers on the smokebox and side for this loco, Im hoping to get some at the Wigan show.

post-27-0-36443000-1370561420.jpg

some clips of the pug running tonight on Sandon goods yard.

only had mobile phone and struggling to edit them into one video so in 3 parts.

first it leaves the yard, crosses the dock road and joins the Mersey docks and Harbour board mainline (which will be under the Overhead railway eventually) with a train of hoppers for Clarence dock power station, most trackwork will be covered in clay with sets carved.

then after running round on the curved hidden fiddle yard area it returns, crossing the dock road, entering the yard then crossing over Derby road with its tramlines and will then enter the backscene to the curved fiddle yard at the other end.

propelling the 3 link coupled hoppers, the Hoppers for Clarence dock power station would normally pass through the yard and be hauled by a Mersey docks and Harbour board Hunslet of which I have a Judith Edge one, the pug is happy with about 10-11 on the tight curves which is more than enough and the capacity of the fiddle yards, it can haul more on the straights. so it wont get stuck and slip with less wagons on tight curves.

thanks, yeah I am, even if it wont be hauling long heavy trains, it may still be needed to push or pull long rakes of vans in the goods yard which is what will be mostly on the layout which will be dominated by a huge Midland warehouse and other warehouses.

I didnt want it to buffer up to a say a long rake of 20 odd vans, just to move them up slightly and for it to start slipping so im happy with it.

what I have noticed with it on DCC it has no inertia, so I think that may be a characteristic of the decoder and the coreless motor, which is why if you stop it itll stop just like its on DC, no problem you just have to drive it like its DC which I prefer actually. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived