Triang Lord Of The Isles

Looking good!! I have a Lord of the Isles in a display cabinet it may soon be out and on the workbench!!

I've got one lying around too, and am tempted. After I've backdated an Airfix 61xx to a 31xx in original early 1900s condition, and finished the Mainline Dean Goods I started backdating to the same date a very very long time ago!

I was very happy last night when I glued the sand boxes in place. A while later the turn had come to the springs and they didn't fit because the Lord of the Isles sandboxes are way too wide. Wasn't as happy anymore. Will make new sand boxes today.

post-12040-0-60853500-1349358468_thumb.jpg

post-12040-0-40712900-1349358515_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Hi

Just come across this thread and that is a great loco you have got there. I think I will have to look at something like this in the future as it would go well with my planned layout.

I shall have to keep my eyes open for a cheap second hand model.

Thanks for posting.

Jim

Thanks Colin!

I had to remove the magnet behind the driving wheel, it interfered with the Gibson trailing wheel. The plan is to get as much lead as possible into the boiler and the firebox. It would be nice if the loco could handle three or four coaches.

Regards,

Stefan