RMweb

New Dawlish webcam

Pity about those irritating adverts though :( I passionately hate adverts with sound that don't give you any opportunity to mute them almost as much as I hate the adverts themselves.

When I watch the cam on my iPad the adverts don't appear. Just tried on the PC and I see what you mean.

ROB

I was there just a couple of weeks ago - blue skies and sunshine, roasting hot. Bit different today.

I was amazed by how much the beach has changed. When I used to go there on hols many years ago I used to dive off that stone breakwater, you could do so along nearly all its length at high tide. Now the sand has piled right up against it. There's still a big drop on the other side though.

The jetty at Langstone Rock has taken a bit of a beating...

post-7455-0-31499900-1346229406.jpg

Edited by D6975

• RMweb Gold

If you haven't noticed already, a webcam has been installed near the coastguard bridge, looking at the railway on the sea wall, just east of Dawlish station.

http://cdn.livestrea...allowchat=false

This is an excellent development, but of course 'Nanny' won't let me look at it at the moment, will now be working to change that!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well I've had a look but I'm a tad disappointed not to see a King or Castle as yet and also how long has the goods yard at Dawlish been gone ? :stinker: Progress I suppose.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is an excellent development, but of course 'Nanny' won't let me look at it at the moment, will now be working to change that!

Just managed to get on the webcam from home, it's pretty good, in fact. I will be having a very robust conversation with 'Nanny' later this week!...

Lost me on the Nanny stuff Cap'tn...:O Care to expand?...