Dapol N Gauge Class 22

TomE

My 22 still running well. I would definitely whether people have had as many failures of the lights with decoders fitted?

Here is a shot of mine after weathering. It could do with a touch more roof grime at dome point.

Very nice - thinking of hacking a section of the valance off on mine when I get round to weathering it

As I'm on DC, decoders are irrelevant but I will probably remove the blanking plate and disable the lights, they are way too bright for the marker lights they represent - more like high intensity headlights on modern motive power.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Any recommendation for DCC chips for these? I've had two now - one burnt out a Bachmann 6-pin and the replacement has just burnt out a Gaugemaster DCC23. Both had the same symptoms. Ran in fine on DC, but on DCC they ran, slowed to a crawl and started to pour out smoke.

Using a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advanced as the controller - no other locos have issues, just the 22. 

Other than those faults they are a very nice model.

• RMweb Gold

Any recommendation for DCC chips for these? I've had two now - one burnt out a Bachmann 6-pin and the replacement has just burnt out a Gaugemaster DCC23. Both had the same symptoms. Ran in fine on DC, but on DCC they ran, slowed to a crawl and started to pour out smoke.

Using a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advanced as the controller - no other locos have issues, just the 22. 

Other than those faults they are a very nice model.

Mine has Bachmann 6 pin decoder and works fine. It hasnt run a great deal though.

If its burnt two decoders then I suspect that there is a fault in the loco circuit board. I have had this with some Dapol locos - work fine on DC but burn the decoders, although not had this in more recent releases.

Ian

Archived