57xx Pannier Cab photo source?

AndyH

Hello all,

please can anyone recommend a good source of 57xx, or variant, cab photos in BR era?

I have had a good search, trawled through my Bradford Bartons and what Pannier Papers I have to no real avail. I am building a JLTRT model.

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

Hello Gordon,

Enough information to build an accurate model.

Cab roof layout, pipework, and odd fittings to help translate the blackhead elevation drawing that comes with the kit.

I have a GA drawing from GWR journal but the cab layout is still a bit of a mystery.

Have chosen a 77xx variant to model.

Many thanks,

Andy

• RMweb Premium

There are a couple of variations to the cab layout depending on various fittings these being

1) Some boilers were fitted with backhead clacks and some were not

2) The exact type of steam brake varied (still does) there are two different types fitted. Some had a small reservior at the top of the valve (you can see an example of this on 5764) there is a second variety that in addition to this had an additional reservoir fitted within the cab (see attached photo) I dont think any were motor fitted which has a different type again.

I have quickly to hand two pictures showing just the brake equipment from 'The vacuum brake book' i am currently working on. Now for the rest of the cab are you looking for a boiler fitted with backhead clacks or not which influence the images.

Please note as I have an error in my photo showing the top of the reservoir which does not go to the brake and reservior from there. I have possibly got some more photos at home more broadly of the cabs.

Hope this helpspost-5625-0-27015000-1347357999.jpgpost-5625-0-87350400-1347358010.jpg

Sorry i should have said the first is of 5764 and the second with the additional reservior is 7714.

regards

Duncan

Archived