Is there a prototype for the Merioneth and Llantisilly Railway Traction Co.?

cnw1995

Incidentally I bought the complete Ivor DVD for my children for about £3.50 from Amazon last Christmas, so I don't think that there is any need to resort to wobby films on You Tube.

Are you being entirely honest there? I don't have any children, but it's openly visible on my DVD shelf!

• RMweb Premium

Re Ivor's sounds for DCC, if you go to iTunes and search for "Oliver Postgate" an album of the original sound recordings is available. They are mainly the music, but there is 20 seconds of Ivor effects. Be careful of Copyright, but they might give inspiration. A sound chipped Ivor; "there's lovely".

And yes, the tracks are on my iPod! :O

Unfortunately I am having a 'senior moment' recalling the name of the railway on which I have always assumed that the Merioneth and Llantisilly Railway Traction Co was based - there is a wonderful interview with an old lady on one of the old BBC railway LPs, which I have not heard for about 35 years, describing its chaotic operations (only one engine which periodically broke down, carrying her father on the footplate because he was the only passenger, etc - sounds a bit like the Talyllyn Railway under Haydn Jones!

Sounds like the Shropshire and Montgomreyshire, which was notorious for carrying passengers on the footplate of Gazelle. See http://nationalrailwaymuseum.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/railfest-2012-the-little-loco-that-gave-a-vicar-barbarous-treatment/ for more details.

Archived