RMweb

Hattons Model Railways of Widnes (formerly Liverpool).

tractor_37260

I ordered 3 items on Monday. All are in stock but not shipped until today.

The previous delivery contained some wrong items. After emailing the customer service I returned them. The replacement items are now on their way but no one asked how much I paid for the postage (this will be replaced wrote me the customer service). And so I have to contact the them again.

Unfortunately I had more negative experiences in the past and I spent a lot of money in there since I started again with the hobby.

Sorry, but I can not say they have an excellent service...

I ordered 3 items on Monday. All are in stock but not shipped until today.

The previous delivery contained some wrong items. After emailing the customer service I returned them. The replacement items are now on their way but no one asked how much I paid for the postage (this will be replaced wrote me the customer service). And so I have to contact the them again.

Unfortunately I had more negative experiences in the past and I spent a lot of money in there since I started again with the hobby.

Sorry, but I can not say they have an excellent service...

I am the same only my deliveries have not come yet, several Emails but no definite reason for delay have asked but no answer just flannel. I am very disappointed after years of being a customer, the irony was the Sheffield dealer had stock and were ready to send I would have had it now but I waited and waited still nothing. My main problem this is track as I want to get started again after a few years, no track no start.

I ordered just under £300 of stuff on Saturday the 7th. I got the confirmation email and the money left my Paypal account but nothing since, no packing or tracking email. I guess tomorrow I will be in touch with them demanding the goods or my money back. I have spent many thousands with Hattons over the years and so far have had good service.

Thinks, if they are actually in trouble and go bust will I have lost that money?

I ordered just under £300 of stuff on Saturday the 7th. I got the confirmation email and the money left my Paypal account but nothing since, no packing or tracking email. I guess tomorrow I will be in touch with them demanding the goods or my money back. I have spent many thousands with Hattons over the years and so far have had good service.

Thinks, if they are actually in trouble and go bust will I have lost that money?

Paypal  will more  than  likely  protect  you,  worth  checking  though

• RMweb Gold

Further to my order for the bargain 2 car EPB that I ordered last Tuesday which appeared to be in stock and ready for next day delivery.

Turns out it was in the other warehouse on Wednesday but after I spoke to someone on the chat help they promised to send it out on Thursday using the next day delivery method.

And as it was still showing on a picking list on Saturday I contacted them again yesterday to see what the hold up is ?

Again I was told it must be at the other warehouse and they would send it out asap and if there was any other problems they would contact me.

But they've taken payment from my account as soon as I ordered.

This simply isn't good enough to be honest

I remember a somewhere in this thread spmeone commented that it takes years to build up a great customer service and it's easily lost overnight.

Sort it out Hattons

Colin

Was in the shop today, plenty of footfall for something that isn't really a shop.   If someone was to ask me is it a worth travelling to the site for a personal visit, unless you are near Widnes for some other reason - no, pay the postage.

The shelves though were full of locos and if you look at the commissioned stuff I wouldn't say this is a business in trouble, but one of the items i wanted they couldn't find - they weren't where they were meant to be - i think that might be the crux of the problem - new stock system and the stock isn't where it thinks it is.

But if you are using you credit card then section 75 and some other regulations should protect you if you spend enough should the worst ever happen with a business.

Edited by woodenhead

I  have  just  contacted  Hattons  re  2  returned  faulty  items they  received  last  week,( Dapol signals  !)  I took the  precaution  of  using  signed  for  delivery.

They  advised  me  they  are  a  little  behind  and  have  not  even  opened  my  parcel  yet,  so  when  I  replied  to  that  remark  saying  I  was  unhappy  with  their  service  I  was  advised  that  they  are  nearly  back  to  normal,   draw  your  own  conclusions  from  that remark,  but  in  the  meantime  anything  I require  will be  from  other  retailers,  I am  finding  that  the  smaller retailers   even  the  one  man ones  can  do  just  as  well  these  days

I  have  just  contacted  Hattons  re  2  returned  faulty  items they  received  last  week,( Dapol signals  !)  I took the  precaution  of  using  signed  for  delivery.

They  advised  me  they  are  a  little  behind  and  have  not  even  opened  my  parcel  yet,  so  when  I  replied  to  that  remark  saying  I  was  unhappy  with  their  service  I  was  advised  that  they  are  nearly  back  to  normal,   draw  your  own  conclusions  from  that remark,  but  in  the  meantime  anything  I require  will be  from  other  retailers,  I am  finding  that  the  smaller retailers   even  the  one  man ones  can  do  just  as  well  these  days

I agree, gone are the times Hattons was way out in front, but I think it is more a case that the others have raised their standards to be on parity with Hattons (the current blip excepted).

My purchasing now is extremely spread between some very good second hand dealers, Kernow, Hattons, Track Shack & Rails.  IT has probably done a lot for small traders as some of the second hand sites work extremely well with regards notification, stock levels and usability.

• RMweb Premium

But if you are using you credit card then section 75 and some other regulations should protect you if you spend enough should the worst ever happen with a business.

If someone was to ask me is it a worth travelling to the site for a personal visit, unless you are near Widnes for some other reason - no, pay the postage.

Unless one of the various get-out clauses applies, such as being the second card-holder on the account.

On the other hand, it can be possible to get money back even with a debit card although it's not guaranteed.

• RMweb Premium

If only Hattons had posted to advise us of any problems they are having then maybe people would understand what was going on, oh wait a minute they have several times!

Yes, but..... promises of things being back to normal in a couple of days, then they aren’t, but don’t worry... things will be back to normal in a couple of days... and that was a couple of weeks ago now.

By now Hattons will be operating in the realms of consequences: even once the original problem is fixed there can be unexpected consequential issues that linger on for some time. Especially if ‘quick fixes’ implemented in the heat of the problem by-passed critical procedures.

One of our club members received a surprise parcel from Hattons this week with an item that was ordered a while back and had already been received (prior to their stock take!) Suggests that there are still gremlins around, maybe to the extent that Hattons will have to do another stock take once the dust has settled!

Here’s hoping that the Big H can get things back to normal for us soon. I look forward to Hattons Dave’s message that says “we are on top and right back where we want to be” rather than “fixing it”. Hopefully this will be before Bachmann’s new Thompson teak’s arrive!

Coming up to Christmas Wishlist Order time, so if these troubles are still ongoing, I'll be looking to place the orders elsewhere.  I should imagine that there's a few people holding back at present...

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick query, which may have already been covered but I haven't found it.

I've just noticed I've not received Hatton's e-mail newsletter since 19 September (it's not been going into my spam folder).

Is this affecting everyone, or should I contact them?

Thanks

John

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick query, which may have already been covered but I haven't found it.

I've just noticed I've not received Hatton's e-mail newsletter since 19 September (it's not been going into my spam folder).

Is this affecting everyone, or should I contact them?

Thanks

John

I asked them about this on Friday and they said that they are not sending the newsletters out for a few weeks while they do some behind-the-scenes work to improve them. Should be back soon.

There's no evidence whatsoever there are any such difficulties; they've had a stock and systems issue which they are resolving.

Uninformed comments like the above get taken as potentially true by another reader, repeated and so on. Just think before posting please.

• Like 1

Not a happy bunny.

Placed an order for a couple of items, including the Hornby DCR Class 31. Had two assurances that despite the issues they are having, the items had been allocated to me and I would be receiving them. With this in mind, at the Peterborough show I decided to give the TTS class 31 decoder ago, so got one ready to fit to the loco when it arrived.

Today, get a call from Hattons to say that there is an issue and they will no longer be able to deliver the loco.

So, if you've been told you've been allocated stock and will receive it, I'd suggest taking that with a pinch tub of salt.

Not a happy bunny.

Placed an order for a couple of items, including the Hornby DCR Class 31. Had two assurances that despite the issues they are having, the items had been allocated to me and I would be receiving them. With this in mind, at the Peterborough show I decided to give the TTS class 31 decoder ago, so got one ready to fit to the loco when it arrived.

Today, get a call from Hattons to say that there is an issue and they will no longer be able to deliver the loco.

So, if you've been told you've been allocated stock and will receive it, I'd suggest taking that with a pinch tub of salt.

So did I on same loco!!

Was told only yesterday order was ok, I did order it over 3 weeks age!!

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to be the odd one out, but I got an e-mail to say the new Sentinels had come into stock on Friday, and mine arrived today. 

I have had it on pre-order since Jan.

I was suprised though to not get the usual Its packed e-mail, etc. But I got the train so I'm not worried.

Owen

• Like 2

Hattons  have  still not  taken  any  action  regarding  my return  of  2  faulty  Dapol signals  which  they  recvd  last  week,  I have  been fobbed  off with excuses  saying  they  were  busy  etc.

Usually in  the past  they  have  given  excellent  service,  but  now  it  seems   they do not  care too much,  over  many  years  I  have  placed many orders  with  them,  when  I  check my order  record  I  surprise  myself  at  the  number  I have  placed  ,  and  I am  disappointed  at  the  sudden  change  of attitude.  which seems too  have occurred.

Hattons  have  still not  taken  any  action  regarding  my return  of  2  faulty  Dapol signals  which  they  recvd  last  week,  I have  been fobbed  off with excuses  saying  they  were  busy  etc.

Usually in  the past  they  have  given  excellent  service,  but  now  it  seems   they do not  care too much,  over  many  years  I  have  placed many orders  with  them,  when  I  check my order  record  I  surprise  myself  at  the  number  I have  placed  ,  and  I am  disappointed  at  the  sudden  change  of attitude.  which seems too  have occurred.

I for one have been waiting for things to clarify before placing another order. I have been a regular customer since 1965.

I think it is time for another statement from Hattons to further explain what is happening. I cannot believe that a stocktake can cause their ordering and delivery systems to break down?

Have they tried some alternative methods or systems - in which case they better revert to the old system asap. The old adage is "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Hattons, we are waiting..............

I for one have been waiting for things to clarify before placing another order. I have been a regular customer since 1965.

I think it is time for another statement from Hattons to further explain what is happening. I cannot believe that a stocktake can cause their ordering and delivery systems to break down?

Have they tried some alternative methods or systems - in which case they better revert to the old system asap. The old adage is "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Hattons, we are waiting..............

My  views  exactly,  you  must  have  first  bought  from  them  around  the  same  time  as  me  ( my first purchase  Hornby Dublo  C0-B0  & 6 Gunpowder  vans!!)