Hattons Model Railways of Widnes (formerly Liverpool).

tractor_37260

Something is definitely going on with the website.  Today, the new releases page shows no items added for any period up to the last 60 days.  It would certainly be good to know what is going on but maybe Hattons aren't quite clear themselves yet?  

Yea, I noticed that, it can't be helping their cash flow, effectively not having any "new" items to sell online since the 25th September.  

Meanwhile, still no contact apart from the generic email a lot of us received yesterday.

I also placed an order on 25th and the money was debited from my card on 26th.  In my case, the order appeared in the "Your Invoices" section, and was apparently picked on Friday.  As of now, "Your Invoices" states "Despatched", while "Your Orders" shows it as status "Open" which implies that it hasn't been shipped yet.  I also received the email quoted above this morning.

Hopefully my order is in a parcel awaiting collection by Royal Mail this evening...?

My order status on the website remains as yesterday, and I haven't had an email advising me that it's been despatched.  However, the good news, it has just arrived.  I hope the rest of you get your orders soon as well.

No kicking, just stating the facts.

Nothing more.

Yes they do.

However this has been going on for quite some time now for it to be a mere glitch.

My first experience of any problem was over a year ago.

I stated way back that something had changed at Hattons & not for the best.

Maybe they've changed their business model or maybe they're having staffing problems ?

Who knows ?

All I know is that some people have been having problems with a company where previously problems were virtually unknown.

Yes, problems since Hattons announced a stock take - you seem to be looking for something more out of this.

I can see some people are experiencing some difficulties at the moment and I can imagine when your account is being debited you want to know where the goods are as would I, but to elude to something 12 months ago and then make unsubstantiated comments about 'something' being wrong at Hattons isn't helpful.

Something is definitely going on with the website.  Today, the new releases page shows no items added for any period up to the last 60 days.  It would certainly be good to know what is going on but maybe Hattons aren't quite clear themselves yet?

Do we need to step up from Amber Alert to Code Red ? (It will entail changing the bulb)

• RMweb Premium

Rang Hattons again this morning for an update on my order, I must say that their phone staff have remained polite and courteous throughout their current problem, top marks to them. I sense they have been operating in a rather confused environment over the last week, which can't have been easy.

My understanding (perhaps Hattons Dave can further advise) is that Hattons have introduced a new system with a streamlined ordering process, but sometime during the stock-take and system upgrade some anomalies occurred resulting in what can be best described as 'phantom stock' showing on the website. Sadly, my order from last Monday - made based on what I saw appear on their 'new stock' web page that day - falls into this category, so my order has now been cancelled.

Hatton's are now working through their backlog of orders, I was on a list of people to be contacted about the error, but my phone call pre-empted this. One Additional consequence seems to be that the 'new stock' section of their website is down and recently released items have yet to show up as in stock, so their ongoing business must still be affected. Also, the usual series of e-mails tracking the progress of an order through their operation seems to have ceased. It is not clear whether this is down to the new system, or the hiatus. Shame if it's gone for good, I appreciated the progress reports...

Patience and understanding required from us at the moment.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Thanks for bearing with us recently, I know we’re not currently performing at the levels you have come to expect from us.

We’re currently working hard to get orders despatched as quickly as possible and we’ve made good headway in achieving this - on track for 1000+ orders despatched today so we are definitely getting there!

In regards to our new stock, we’ve not booked on our deliveries recently so we can focus on getting regular orders out to our customers. When deliveries are booked in, by their nature, they are much quicker to pick and despatch and we’ll be getting back on top of these as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Dave

I place an order on Monday 25th Sept and sent an e-mail reminder yesterday. I got an immediate reply saying my items would be delivered today by DPD.

Just checked DPD and the order has arrived at their depot. Hopefully will arrive later today.

Mal

Received an email from DPD saying parcel delayed. E-mailed Hattons and received a quick response saying parcel would definatley be delivered between 1.00pm - 2.00pm.

Parcel now delivered! Thanks to Hattons staff for their quick replies to my 2 e-mails.

Mal

I'm starting to worry about my last Hatton's order now. I pre-ordered some 'due soon' items which have since been released and have been in stock with competitors for over a week now, yet they don't show on the Hatton website as being in stock. I hope that they have actually got some, will be received quickly and dispatched soon. Otherwise I may miss out on a popular item.

G

• RMweb Premium

A possibility is Hattons may have received stocks but are either all sold out to, or not enough to fill all, pre-orders hence they will not show as in stock on their website.

Did they not say that they'd got behind in adding new stock to their web site?

My partner ordered something for me Thursday and it arrived Saturday morning. So it would seem something's are becoming back on track. Always had excellent service on the hundreds of orders I've placed.

You're in luck.  I ordered "in stock" items on the 29th and my order is still "open", despite contact earlier this week and an assurance that the order would be dispatched "in the next few days".  I will say that being let down like this has been as rare as hens teeth, and that we'll get back to the normal rapid service.

My experience this week hasnt been great tbh.

I put an order in on the 29th with next day delivery. Waited till the 4th for a despatch note but then cancelled the order via live chat as I was going on holidays for the weekend so wouldn't have been there to accept any parcels.

Fast forward to today and on the way home I call into hattons. I enquired about the refund for the cancelled order and to my surprise it hasn't actually been refunded. They will sort it tomorrow, hopefully!

So I go to buy a few items including a loco that's on the original cancelled order only to be told, sorry its on a pallet, we don't have it. so why did the website say you do? In fact, it still does....

http://www.hattons.co.uk/52495/Hornby_R1138Loco_GWR_Class_101_0_4_0_steam_loco_split_from_R1138_set/StockDetail.aspx

Only a stocking filler for my lad but it seems the stock level system thye use isn't accurate as I also went to order some farish coaches. The website said they had a few in stock. I wanted 2 but they only could fine 1. In fairness its not on the site now.

Also, the 2nd hand stuff isn't in the shop anymore. I used to love rummaging in the boxes of wagons and coaches for a bargain. Alas no more...

I'm starting to worry about my last Hatton's order now. I pre-ordered some 'due soon' items which have since been released and have been in stock with competitors for over a week now, yet they don't show on the Hatton website as being in stock. I hope that they have actually got some, will be received quickly and dispatched soon. Otherwise I may miss out on a popular item.

G

I placed an order on the 28th, still assigned to picking list but got no further. I did talk to them on the online chat and they confirmed that the items had been allocated to me which is comforting, if I know the items are coming, that's good enough for me (early birthday presents that the wife won't let me have until the big day anyway!!).

Maybe if you get in touch they might be able to give you the same reassurance.

Just noticed this topic and I am worried. I ordered several items on Saturday with delivery by courier. I got a confirmatory email of receipt of order and the cash has gone out of my paypal account. Also there are few listings for Lima second hand and pre owned pages were last updated on the 2nd.

I have  dealt  with  Hattons  since  the  late  60s  and  I  am  just  a  little  bit  surprised  at  the  apparent  'Hiccough'  which  seems to be  occurring!

Unusually  I have  no orders  in  the  system,  I had 10 orders in total  in  July + Aug,  so   not  wanting  to  upset  SWMBO  I  called  a  halt in August!

However  I did   have  a  faulty  item  ( Dapol Signal  surprise  surprise) which  I returned 10 days  ago,   requesting  a  replacement, It  was  not  until  late  Friday last  I recvd  a  Picking  list  number  and  also  a  refund  for  the  return postal  costs,  but  since  then  there  has been  nothing from  them, its  not  as if  I am desperately  waiting  for  the  signal  so  I will give  it  a  day or two  before  I contact  them.

But   I find  it  all a  little unusual!

Last Tuesday I placed an order to be delivered by DHL. Can take five days to get to Cape Town. Up to pick note stage and no despatch.

Enquired by live chat on Saturday to be advised part of my order is at the other warehouse. Once received my order will be despatched. Where is this other warehouse? Next to the main one / shop?

Last Tuesday I placed an order to be delivered by DHL. Can take five days to get to Cape Town. Up to pick note stage and no despatch.

Enquired by live chat on Saturday to be advised part of my order is at the other warehouse. Once received my order will be despatched. Where is this other warehouse? Next to the main one / shop?

That is  extremely  interesting  I was  NOT  aware  that  Hattons  had  more  than  the  one  warehouse!  I would have  assumed  the  17 Montague Rd  premises  was    big  enough

Over the past 3 years at least quite a few of my orders have arrived without me ever getting a dispatch note. I have rung Hattons a couple of times once to have the order arrive the day after and they could not even tell me on the phone that the order had been dispatched!

On the plus side most times all goes well but this latest "who-ha" is a little disconcerting.

As a matter of interest, are there any overseas RMWeb people out there who have found another supplier who uses DHL? I do like the security they provide.

I have only ever had one order go astray with regular post but it was traumatic and I have tended to prefer Hattons/DHL ever since. Obviously not possible with retailers commissions though.

Over the past 3 years at least quite a few of my orders have arrived without me ever getting a dispatch note. I have rung Hattons a couple of times once to have the order arrive the day after and they could not even tell me on the phone that the order had been dispatched!

On the plus side most times all goes well but this latest "who-ha" is a little disconcerting.

As a matter of interest, are there any overseas RMWeb people out there who have found another supplier who uses DHL? I do like the security they provide.

I have only ever had one order go astray with regular post but it was traumatic and I have tended to prefer Hattons/DHL ever since. Obviously not possible with retailers commissions though.

Two parcels turned up a couple of days ago, no dispatch note, and order was still showing open, so looks like they are getting back to normal....

I've had, literally hundreds of packages delivered over the years to Australia.... usually all just Royal Mail, never had any go missing... unlike whilst living in the uk I had a couple of non deliveries... so I only end up with DHL when it's a heavy delivery or a high value, and whilst it's a great service, I can live with the cheaper Royal Mail postage turning up a week later... anyway, you have the credit card insurance for non deliveries, which I only had to use whilst in the uk without any hastle....

• Like 2

That is  extremely  interesting  I was  NOT  aware  that  Hattons  had  more  than  the  one  warehouse!  I would have  assumed  the  17 Montague Rd  premises  was    big  enough

Perhaps they're keeping the secondhand grot stock at the old Smithdown Road location?  :jester:

Seriously though, when Hattons were at Smithdown Road, a fair amount of stock was kept at a warehouse somewhere, not in the shop.  If you wanted to collect some items rather than having them delivered, they had to have them transferred to the shop from the warehouse and it took half a day or so.  Perhaps that warehouse is still kept going for the slow goods, as it were....

• Like 1

Perhaps they're keeping the secondhand grot stock at the old Smithdown Road location?  :jester:

Seriously though, when Hattons were at Smithdown Road, a fair amount of stock was kept at a warehouse somewhere, not in the shop.  If you wanted to collect some items rather than having them delivered, they had to have them transferred to the shop from the warehouse and it took half a day or so.  Perhaps that warehouse is still kept going for the slow goods, as it were....

I was under the impression  that  Smithdown  Road  was completely  cleared  out  when  they  moved to  17 Montague Rd  as  the  buildings  were  unsafe?

I suppose  all will be  revealed eventually,  I do  note  though  that  they  are  advertising  some  locos at  bargain prices on  the home page  eg  2-EPB Blue £72  obviously  this  is  one  of the  earlier  editions  but  still  a  LOT less than current  price,  We  were  going to  order  some  Peco  track  items  but  note  that  some  we  wanted  currently  on  pre  order.

Still not  recvd  dely  conf  for  a  replacement  Dapol  signal  having  recvd  Pick list  last  Friday! Not  that  it  bothers  me  too much  ( yet)

UPDATE  Hattons  replied  signal  despatched  Friday!  Not  received  here,  unheard  of  for  small packets to take  more  than  2  working  days!  Also no despatch info sent  to  me  on  Friday.

Edited by Stevelewis