Swindon - Kemble re-doubling

• RMweb Premium

I'm looking forward to travelling the route on Wednesday.  My mates daughter works for Xcountry so we are having a day out from Leeds for £10 with just the Didcot Cheltenham to pay for which is very reasonable on Senior railcards.  It'll be good to see the results of all the hard work.

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm really pleased to say that the new book that I've mentioned is nearly ready to go into production, both standard soft cover and Subscribers Limited Edition (hard cover plus dust jacket) versions. We anticipate that it will be available by the end of December, if not perhaps/hopefully slightly earlier.

I've started a separate thread here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/91415-new-book-on-kemble-line/?p=1625278 - which is really to draw attention to the relatively limited time slot (between now and the end of November) for orders for the Limited Edition to be placed with the publisher, Silver Link/Nostalgia Collection. The Limited Edition will be just that, never to be repeated, and will have a third more content and photos as compared with the standard version. The Limited Edition will only be available via special order placed with the publisher, but the standard version should be available from any good railway book shop.

• RMweb Gold

The Limited Edition will be just that, never to be repeated, and will have a third more content and photos as compared with the standard version. The Limited Edition will only be available via special order placed with the publisher, but the standard version should be available from any good railway book shop.

Will I feature in the limited edition version Captain?!  :sungum:

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I hope they're going to brush that ballast into place before they start dripping the PVA on!

I actually like that concrete bridge, it's got an Art Deco feel to the design. It's a shame the new bridges on the GWML are either plain concrete or some sort of "pseudo-pebbledash" as I like to call it.

Cheers,

Jack

A lot can be done to improve the look of concrete infrastructure. Near where I live the Blue Angels reside at NAS Pensacola and to honor them hundreds of bridge supports are decorated like this.

post-8483-0-39468600-1417539908_thumb.jpg

I have been tempted to go down one night with a tin of red paint and do some repainting

Andy

Archived