Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

"Junior" club members

• RMweb Premium

Incidentally, the replacement (which seems to have died a death) would have simplified it as it was a continuos process where your file would be updated if anything happened or any convictions were made so it would be an instant check on the individual - and much quicker too. It would also update the employer or organisation concerned too.

VBS - Vetting and Barring Service - quietly dropped as it would probably mean less revenue for the bean counters.

Cheers,

Mick

VBS - Vetting and Barring Service - quietly dropped as it would probably mean less revenue for the bean counters.

That's it!

It would have been far better and much quicker - most importatly it seemed to be transferrable.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not so sure about the revenue earning aspect for this.

According to the CRB website, volunteers for clubs and organisations (such as Scouts and Guides) get the vetting through CRB done gratis.

"CRB checks are free of charge to volunteers.The CRB defines a volunteer as:

A person who spends their time doing something that aims to benefit either an individual or group (other than, or in addition to, close relatives), and is not paid (except for travelling and other approved out-of-pocket expenses)."

And to keep us all up to speed with terminology

"On 1 December 2012, the CRB is merging with the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) to become the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)."

I suspect that 20 years from now we will still refer to it as a CRB check, in much the same way that a car still gets an MoT.

Regards

Richard

• RMweb Premium

I'm not so sure about the revenue earning aspect for this.

Hi Richard,

Going O/T from the OP.

Not necessarily for the volunteer aspect, but for paid employment. Each time you change jobs, you have to get a new CRB - hence £'s for the CRB folks. With the VBS (now DBS), it was supposed to be transferable.

I have 3 CRB's - one work, two volunteer.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived