Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Wright writes.....

• RMweb Premium

Oh the NLR tank was a temptation - saved!

As for user names, when I joined this forum I worked in the criminal justice system.  You do not want those people to identify you anywhere on the internet if at all possible, believe me.  So, NHN, my given name is Neil, and I did model the New Haven (USA Railroad) at the time.

Now I'm retired, I don't care!  Many folk know me post-retirement anyway from my time in the trade, mostly live steam stuff but also as a 'box shifter', if you must use that term.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I am a bit lazy just use my initials.

It does keep the search engines lower on my name.

But I do have links to my website.

In the past I used to be an idiot magnet.

If people need to know who I am then can just ask.  My first name is on this page.

Back to railways.  Ratio seats are rather bulky. I had to redo some insides and on V2 I am using my cutter to produce lots of small rectangles for seats and partitions.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Tony for the most enjoyable read of latest Hornby magazine article and watch of the video on Key model world 🙂

Dave

Edited by zr2498
Sorry but video deleted until (or if) given permission
  • Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

15 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Thanks Tony for the most enjoyable read of latest Hornby magazine article and watch of the video on Key model world 🙂

Dave

Good morning Dave,

Can the video be seen on here legitimately? I thought it was just for Hornby's digital subscribers.

I was pleased with the way LB appeared in Hornby mag and in the video (though there's always something I wished I'd written or said, retrospectively).

It might be that folk are fed up with LB's appearances in the press and on video, and I admit that it's difficult now for me to mention anything which is new. Two things I did 'insist' upon were that, with regard to the pictures and their captions, there be no digital 'smoke' (which I abhor) and the captions (even though they might be cut to fit) included the names of those who've contributed to the scenes. What I cannot stand is credit being taken for the work of others, especially by omission. 

One thing which used to appear in layout features in the mags were lists of locos which operated on what was described. I considered it for Hornby's piece, then just mentally listed the A1s, for instance......

60114 DJH kit

60116 DJH kit

60117 DJH kit

60118 DJH kit

60119 DJH kit

60120 Pro-Scale kit

60121 DJH kit

60125 much-modified Bachmann (not long for LB)

60128 DJH kit

60130 DJH kit

60136 DJH kit

60146 Crownline kit

60147 DJH kit

60149 modified Wills A2 kit/scratch-built

60155 DJH kit

60156 DJH kit

60157 DJH kit

60158 DJH kit

and counting....................

Ten pages in the mag would not have been enough!

Regards,

Tony. 

Edited by Tony Wright
to add something
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

Good morning Dave,

Can the video be seen on here legitimately? I thought it was just for Hornby's digital subscribers.

I was pleased with the way LB appeared in Hornby mag and in the video (though there's always something I wished I'd written or said, retrospectively).

It might be that folk are fed up with LB's appearances in the press and on video, and I admit that it's difficult now for me to mention anything which is new. Two things I did 'insist' upon were that, with regard to the pictures and their captions, there be no digital 'smoke' (which I abhor) and the captions (even though they might be cut to fit) included the names of those who've contributed to the scenes. What I cannot stand is credit being taken for the work of others, especially by omission. 

One thing which used to appear in layout features in the mags were lists of locos which operated on what was described. I considered it for Hornby's piece, then just mentally listed the A1s, for instance......

60114 DJH kit

60116 DJH kit

60117 DJH kit

60118 DJH kit

60119 DJH kit

60120 Pro-Scale kit

60121 DJH kit

60128 DJH kit

60130 DJH kit

60136 DJH kit

60146 Crownline kit

60155 DJH kit

60156 DJH kit

60157 DJH kit

60158 DJH kit

Regards,

Tony. 

Whoops!

You are probably correct about the digital subscribers, or even subscribing to key model world.

If Mike Wild objects then I will delete it. I would have thought it is a good place to be on your RMWeb thread.

I need some way to contact him. 

Cheers

Dave

My first post on here.
I have a K's Johnson 0-4-0 saddle tank and an LNER 0-4-0 side tank shunting on my trainset.
Surprisingly, they both run very well. Neither would appear in Manchester, but 'Sod It', my train set, my rules.
The L&Y Hughes Baltics didn't last to BR. They did at my Manchester Brewery Sidings MPD.
The Deeley 0-4-0 and NLR Tank are so tempting. Pay day tomorrow, so I'll have a purchase then. If their're gone , then tough.
As for pseudonyms.
Sandhole is a colliery on the Bridgewater NCB system. That was where my love for industrial locos and operation was begun, as a boy.
Love reading your stuff, Tony.
Regards,
Chris.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony Wright said:

Good morning Dave,

60114 DJH kit

60116 DJH kit

60117 DJH kit

60118 DJH kit

60119 DJH kit

60120 Pro-Scale kit

60121 DJH kit

60128 DJH kit

60130 DJH kit

60136 DJH kit

60146 Crownline kit

60155 DJH kit

60156 DJH kit

60157 DJH kit

60158 DJH kit

Regards,

Tony. 

One comment

There are gaps!

2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Whoops!

You are probably correct about the digital subscribers, or even subscribing to key model world.

If Mike Wild objects then I will delete it. I would have thought it is a good place to be on your RMWeb thread.

I need some way to contact him. 

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

Mike can be contacted at mike.wild@keypublishing.com

Regards,

Tony. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sandhole said:

My first post on here.
I have a K's Johnson 0-4-0 saddle tank and an LNER 0-4-0 side tank shunting on my trainset.
Surprisingly, they both run very well. Neither would appear in Manchester, but 'Sod It', my train set, my rules.
The L&Y Hughes Baltics didn't last to BR. They did at my Manchester Brewery Sidings MPD.
The Deeley 0-4-0 and NLR Tank are so tempting. Pay day tomorrow, so I'll have a purchase then. If their're gone , then tough.
As for pseudonyms.
Sandhole is a colliery on the Bridgewater NCB system. That was where my love for industrial locos and operation was begun, as a boy.
Love reading your stuff, Tony.
Regards,
Chris.

Thanks Chris,

Both the locos you mention have gone. I posted them off this morning!

Regards,

Tony. 

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

Good afternoon Martin,

Gaps? In the article or the video?

Regards,

Tony. 

I thought he meant in the list of your A1 models!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

It may have been a tiny bit naughty to watch it, but I enjoyed the video.

I tried finding it on Youtube but couldn't, so I think it's just there but unlisted, or otherwise it wouldn't

have been possible to view it.

Edited by Barry Ten
typo
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Tony has very kindly allowed me to mention that, along with a couple of others I have been involved in helping with the disposal of the railway modelling effects of the late Mick Bonwick.

We have now reached the point where we either need to find a home for his layout - Easton, Isle of Portland - or otherwise it must be dismantled and scrapped.

The layout has a fully completed and (DCC) wired fiddle yard, but whilst the track laying is complete to what would have been the scenic side, the scenic aspects are largely incomplete.

Everything that has been done is to the highest standard - Mick was nothing if not meticulous! - and it would be great to see the layout completed, or alternately used as the basis for another modeller's own creation.

The layout had its own thread on RMWeb, see:

I appreciate that this is a long shot, but should anyone like to express an interest, then please PM me

Tony

• Friendly/supportive 6

47 minutes ago, t-b-g said:

I thought he meant in the list of your A1 models!

Ah,

Thanks Tony; I hadn't thought of that.

I only have models/made models of those A1s I saw. So, I've yet to build 60122/23/24/26/29/31/32/33/34/38/40/41/44/45/48/50/51.

I'm halfway through!

Regards,

Tony.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony Teague said:

Tony has very kindly allowed me to mention that, along with a couple of others I have been involved in helping with the disposal of the railway modelling effects of the late Mick Bonwick.

We have now reached the point where we either need to find a home for his layout - Easton, Isle of Portland - or otherwise it must be dismantled and scrapped.

The layout has a fully completed and (DCC) wired fiddle yard, but whilst the track laying is complete to what would have been the scenic side, the scenic aspects are largely incomplete.

Everything that has been done is to the highest standard - Mick was nothing if not meticulous! - and it would be great to see the layout completed, or alternately used as the basis for another modeller's own creation.

The layout had its own thread on RMWeb, see:

I appreciate that this is a long shot, but should anyone like to express an interest, then please PM me

Tony

Sadly the recent problems with RMWeb resulted in pretty much all the photos on that thread being lost 😧

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tony Wright said:

Dave,

Mike can be contacted at mike.wild@keypublishing.com

Regards,

Tony. 

Hi Tony

I have deleted until (or if) Hornby mag give permission. Would you please also remove from your first reply as still showing.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Hi Tony

I have deleted until (or if) Hornby mag give permission. Would you please also remove from your first reply as still showing.

Cheers

Dave

Good call, I think.   The video is listed on the Hornby Magazine website, but when you click on the link it says it is for digital subscribers only.

• RMweb Gold

For those that need a fix, there are plenty of Little Bytham videos freely available on Youtube which I don't think

are protected content. Here are a few:

That'll keep anyone busy for a cuppa or two.

A;

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Hi Tony

Cheers

Dave

How do I do that Dave?

I can remove my reply, but I don't know how to remove the video.

Is there a way of deleting the whole post?

Regards,

Tony. 

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

How do I do that Dave?

I can remove my reply, but I don't know how to remove the video.

Is there a way of deleting the whole post?

Regards,

Tony. 

Tony

Go to the post which includes the attached video, click on the edit (top right hand corner). Get the cursor to just before the video, shift key and scroll down so that the video is included, then press delete. The portion covered during the scroll down should be deleted.

Dave

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Tony

Go to the post which includes the attached video, click on the edit (top right hand corner). Get the cursor to just before the video, shift key and scroll down so that the video is included, then press delete. The portion covered during the scroll down should be deleted.

Dave

Done!

Computers and I don't get on........................!

Many thanks,

Tony. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

As the lucky buyer of the Garratt Tony sold a couple of days ago, I await its delivery by insured post with delighted seconds anticipation.  Not least because of Tony's superb photographic skills, I pondered for fully ten minutes seconds before making my purchase offer, simply enjoying the qualities of the model.

Some may know that I have photographed and enjoyed many Heljan Garratts, I love this class of engine for all its faults. What character, what weight and power, and what artistry and was required by crews for the 25-odd years they brought 1,000+ ton loose-coupled trains over the ex-Midland main line to  London!

The  K's model with matched Portescaps and suitable mechanisms will certainly weigh more than a Heljan, and nearly all the detail looks right to me. But one thing stood out in Tony's 3/4-side-on photo.

I have taken the liberty of editing this without permission with hope that it might be granted retrospectively. The error was in the background; buccolic sun-dappled fields with hedgerows?  And a Garratt? In the same picture?

I had to give it a proper LMS/Midland background, that is, mist, rain, and fog,,

Then added just what Tony abhors and dislikes, some steam and smoke. Mischevious, I admit.. Norman Soloman's track remains in all its beauty.

So here below an edited image derived from Tony;s suoerb original photo of BR 47975.

47975_garratt_BeyerGarratt_2abcs_r2080.jpg.33f5eabaa7efa7c9c02c81471f691ea3.jpg

Thankyou Tony.

Edited by rjm
typos
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1