Hi Andy,

Promise? Uhm Wha! The last time I was on a promise..............well that's another story and so long ago I can only imagine now, so just imagine what it looks like with grass or another way to look at it is the gangers have just cleared the whole area burning off any grass before the summer! You don't see that anymore, do you, so that's a really inventive scenic aspect no-one has ever done to my recollection, I hope your proud of my ingenuity!

• Like 2

Bar B Q'd embankment, nice different I suppose, naaa cant get away with that one mate, I have some turfs if you want them. hahhahah.

Nice to see you back! And on the ball (more's the pity :jester: ) Grass is growing on my turf farm in readiness.

Hi Mike, good to see you have your priorities right mate, hahah.

Off to DEMU tomorrow to meet up with Jason again and also Kal and Jaz, Clive Mortimer and a few others that I know.

Keep well and keep the pics coming mate.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Hi Mike, re the Grass Lenght, Colour, Texture, who gives a dam, it looks brilliant mate.

The contours just flow and look natural, really nice, thanks for the update.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Mike, re the Grass Lenght, Colour, Texture, who gives a dam, it looks brilliant mate.

The contours just flow and look natural, really nice, thanks for the update.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Hi Andy,

Thanks mate, I know you can take the banter.

I'm remodelling the area around the short viaduct and have ripped out whats there and rebuilding a more appropriate scene, the viaduct is staying of course. What do you think of its inclusion?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

That is looking very good, Mike.

Nice-coloured green with lovely contours. Looks great with the train running through.

Sounds like you're succeeding in re-motivating the flagging Bodge - especially with a touch of the green stuff!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Thanks mate, I know you can take the banter.

I'm remodelling the area around the short viaduct and have ripped out whats there and rebuilding a more appropriate scene, the viaduct is staying of course. What do you think of its inclusion?

Mike, the viaduct should be a given, MUST include. Very typical of the fellside scenery and provides that extra touch of height variation. I like it.

J.

Hi Mike, in my last post I asked the question; are you going to include a Modern Image Diesel Depot, hahha, then got a little bit sensible and deleted it before posting. 

I nice Viaduct would bring that end to life as Jeff's one did on that Layout he built a long time ago now, in fact it was so long ago that I've even forgotten its name, hhahahha must be going Luney hahha.

Go for it, the longer the better, wish you or Jeff could have had that one I inherited, that was a cracker.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Cheers guy's,

I also thought that end of the layout would look somewhat boring as the tracks entered and exited the tunnel (bore) get it!? No! Oh well.

I mentioned way back that I was thinking about it and tried to include my old one from 'Chestergate & Milne' but it was too tightly curved, well rather than skipping it I stripped it down and 'BODGED' it into Dent which is why its already painted. I had to remove 3" from the pier height but it looks ok and it saved me a job. Just got to get the surroundings right, was not entirely happy with the previous efforts.

• Like 2

Mike, that beautiful Jubilee has certainly whetted my appetite! I'm going to have one if it's only at the shed for repairs!!

Just wish I had the room for those delightful curves and prototypical length trains - lovely job mate - cant wait for the

next instalment,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Mike, just a question, can you move the tunnel mouth back about 6inches to a foot to the right away from the Viaduct?

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately not, the track turns onto the spiral as soon as its through the tunnel, I can't go left due to the position of the sidings, so its where it is I'm afraid.

Mike, that beautiful Jubilee has certainly whetted my appetite! I'm going to have one if it's only at the shed for repairs!!

Just wish I had the room for those delightful curves and prototypical length trains - lovely job mate - cant wait for the

next instalment,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock,

Yes I love the Jubilees, remember I told you 'Straits Settlements' was the first loco I ever took the number of at Corkerhill, it was such a pity that use of this superb class was replaced on the Thames-Clyde Express by the Peak's or I would have seen many more, also Corkerhill's allocation had by that time diminished woefully.

Re: The curves etc. I've had all the busy - busy type layouts with in honesty too much crammed into too little space, so I thought a change of plan for this my final build, something to sit and watch the trains go by for a change.

• Like 1

great thread guys, theres a right kink in the track on the viaduct

Hi sir 'D'

The track has not been ballasted or glued down yet, its stuck down with double sided tape. Still a fair bit of fettling to do which should iron out little snags.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

That grass has really put the railway in the landscape, just needs the howling gale and horizontal rain to complete the picture  :scratchhead:  :no:  :O

It NEVER rains in Dent. Rain and cloud is reserved for Whitby!!  :no:  :no:

Mike, are you still planning on using the resin walls you made a while back? Walls, a bit more rough grass, some sheep and you are spot on.

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike, just doing the rounds of the threads after being away.

The grass has really made a stunning difference - the look and feel of the S & C are right there in your photos.

Obviosly colouring and texture can be tweaked, but the feel of the layout in the landscape in the first two photos you posted is amazing.

Brilliant - why is everyone suddenly cracking on whilst I'm away?? :)

Al.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mike, just doing the rounds of the threads after being away.

The grass has really made a stunning difference - the look and feel of the S & C are right there in your photos.

Obviosly colouring and texture can be tweaked, but the feel of the layout in the landscape in the first two photos you posted is amazing.

Brilliant - why is everyone suddenly cracking on whilst I'm away?? :)

Al.

I'm not!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Well stop whining and build that bloody Parkside 16 tonner then :D

Which Parkside 16 tonner?......

Oh, you mean the one that's buried in the middle of box #34285, stacked somewhere next to all the Raiders of the Lost Ark relics?   :D :D :D :D

If I can find it in the next 5 years I'll build it.....

Jeff

It NEVER rains in Dent. Rain and cloud is reserved for Whitby!!  :no:  :no:

Mike, are you still planning on using the resin walls you made a while back? Walls, a bit more rough grass, some sheep and you are spot on.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Oh yes, I have quite a few miles made and ready to fit, none done yet for the slopes, maybe I could use your lot that are idle in box 34285 next to the Raiders stuff? I would have 5 years to replace them by your reckoning!