Peco launch RTR 009 range

Andy Y

Photo attached  of  the  PECO  L&B  open  with   a 2nd   photo  with  a L&B van  for  size  comparison.

Quite a  nice  item,  look  forward  to  the  L&B Bogie Vans  which  Peco  are   considering!

Only  criticism is  the lack  of  weight  the open only  weighs  12gm  as a comparison  a  4  wheel  ROCO  H0e open  wagon  weighs 28gm  so  a load will be  required  to  aid  track holding!

post-10539-0-31451800-1472128480.jpg

post-10539-0-80312900-1472128496.jpg

Still showing as pre-order on most major sites, just bought 4wh wagons with the bogies as well, but only 4wh delivered so far.......

Stephen

The  smaller  retailers  sometimes  get  deliveries  sooner  than  the  big  boys  AND  quite  often  their  prices  are  less than  the  big  boys*  I speak from  experience!!!

* note the   big boys mentioned  here  have no  connection  with  the  USA 4-8-8-4

Well a second one ordered and paid for via Derails, very interesting to receive an item Peco say is still to be delivered.....Maybe Peco think it was the brown SR one, not the grey L&B version of the long awaited bogie wagon. I only really need a couple of the bogie wagons at present, as the L&B hardly ran goods only trains.

Please don't say that somebody has the L&B Heljan already!!!!

Stephen

The  delivery  situation  is  not all that  odd  It  is  quite  commone  for  smaller  retailers  to   recieve  stock  before  the  Big Boys,   I believe  it  is   something   to  do  with  the  shipped  quantities  as  an  example  when  the  Farish  4-CEP  first  saw  the  light  of  day  Arcadiarail  in Shaw  had  their  delivery.  around  a  week  before  Hattons  their  delivery  was in the 20 unit  region,  Hattons  was  around  300 I believe.

Tim at  Arcadia  was  actually  talking to me on the  phone last  Weds  when  the   Bogie  opens  arrived  from  Peco  I was  ordering a H0e loco  so  I got  a  Bogie  open put in the parcel as  weel to see if  they  were  OK  ( and  it  is)

I actually buy  quite  a lot  from Arcadia,  always  arrives  next  day  ( His PO is  next door)  and  prices  are  very  competitive

Loads  of  Continental H0,  LGB, BEMO etc  in  stock  as  well as  UK brands  Almost  forgot  Minitrains  as  well

• RMweb Gold

Well a second one ordered and paid for via Derails, very interesting to receive an item Peco say is still to be delivered

Thanks :) Will be despatched tomorrow as we close Wednesday's...main reason being I volunteer at the local Dean Forest Railway, so much so I am currently sat next to Lydney Town crossing gates, I must go and open them in a minute to let our GWR Small Praire and DMU through!

Thanks :) Will be despatched tomorrow as we close Wednesday's...main reason being I volunteer at the local Dean Forest Railway, so much so I am currently sat next to Lydney Town crossing gates, I must go and open them in a minute to let our GWR Small Praire and DMU through!

Not  together  I  hope!! 

Is  it   single  track?!!

• RMweb Gold

Not  together  I  hope!! 

Is  it   single  track?!!

Luckily no! Yes they are separate and it is single track but we are in the middle of a reasonably short token section, meaning trains following each other are about ten minutes apart! 

I realise my post wasn't great for clarity, sorry 'bout that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Anyone know when the slate wagons are expected in the shops? Hattons are a bit vague and RM says 'due soon' in their Peco advert. Perhaps Little Dan has heard on the jungle drums?

Jungle Drums!? I'm still using cave paintings at the moment, otherwise known as Windows XP - our website system doesn't like Windows 7, I don't like 8 and I haven't even looked at 10 yet! 

At the moment, 3/4 weeks estimated. :) Will keep you guys posted!

• 1 month later...

Ok Ive been patient but no sign of the slate wagons or have I missed them? There was a FB post in October I think of them riding the Ffestiniog and they were promised in a couple of weeks.

Can someone enlighten me on delivery or have I missed them?

Archived