Peco launch RTR 009 range

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

The different clues refer to different products according to a Peco employee on NGRM.

I was chatting to him at ExpoNG and dropped in a slightly roundabout question that elicited a response that means I'm fairly sure what type of vehicle it is but not certain which one as there were at least three types. Anyhoo actual details are revealed on Friday ;)

Doubt he'll fall for it again but it was a funny save as he nearly confirmed what I asked, but he may be a good bluffer ;)

Another clue (including a picture) is on the Peco Facebook and Twitter.

At Warley exhibition we will have 3D printed prototypes of the new models running on the layout on our stand. Here is a loco, constructed from our GL-6 kit, being prepared for service on said layout...

EDIT:

This has appeared of Peco's Facebook.

If anybody is near Edinburgh tomorrow or Saturday, specifically Harburn Hobbies, The 3D printed prototypes for the new models will be on display!

Taken from Peco's Facebook page:

-------

"Here is what we are planning to do next in OO9:

- Freelance flat wagon (to be sold in pairs, hopefully for release before Christmas.)

- Freelance bolster wagons (to be sold in pairs, hopefully for release before Christmas.)

- Lynton and Barnstaple 8-ton bogie open wagon. (expected 2015.)

https://www.facebook.com/PecoModelRailways/photos/a.481048408591358.119581.106910776005125/936509669711894/?type=1&theater

- Glyn Valley Tramway 4-wheeled coaches. (open sided and closed sided versions, expected 2015.)

https://www.facebook.com/PecoModelRailways/photos/a.481048408591358.119581.106910776005125/936510939711767/?type=1&theater

- Freelance full brake coach / brakevan (GVT inspired & matches the GVT coaches, but can also be used with freight stock, expected 2015.)

More information will be available in the December issue of Railway Modeller, on sale from Thursday 13th November."

-------

Best wishes,

David

Looks like I'll be heading to Harburn Hobbies today then - will see if it's possible to get any pictures of the new prototypes (feels weird using the word with that meaning on this forum!).

Edit: Went in, and they had 3D printed prototypes of the new models, but as they were printed in a clear frosted material, in clear boxes, in a clear cabinet, getting photos was next to impossible. I have some first impressions though:

The detail looks to be of a similar quality to the already-released L&B models, with lovely fine beading on the GVT coaches and freelance GVT-style brake van, and moulded handrails. The open coach appears to use a separately-fitted piece of wire for the upright between the compartments, rather than an integrally-moulded piece. There is seating modelled inside the coaches, and the rooves look to be separate pieces, similar to the L&B vans, although whether these will be glued on the final product remains to be seen. Hopefully they will just be a push-fit, as this will make fitting passengers much easier, and they'll be very visible in the open coach. NEM pockets have been added again, and while the coaches appear to be entirely plastic (wire notwithstanding), some extra weight could easily be hidden in the footwells between the seats with liquid lead or similar.

The freelance bolster and flat wagons are just what they say on the tin: freelance wagons, fairly basic as one would expect from a generic narrow-gauge line, but still fitted with hand brakes with levers that come up to just below the deck. They look to be nice enough models, but I would worry they might be a little light. A nice solid load would probably solve that, however. Again, NEM coupling pockets look to have been fitted.

The L&B bogie wagon I don't know enough about to comment on beyond saying that it looks to be fairly nicely moulded with what looks like plenty of nice fine rivets.

A flyer was also published, listing and showing photos of the new stock (except, strangely, the new brake van), and if people are interested I can scan and post that on here too.

• 4 weeks later...

A flyer was also published, listing and showing photos of the new stock (except, strangely, the new brake van), and if people are interested I can scan and post that on here too.

I would appreciate that.

Since the flyer is advertising material I don't think it violates the spirit of the copyright to share it here.

I can't access any of the Facebook links listed above.

• 1 month later...

I am  rather  surprised  that  the  2015  edition  of  'Britain's Model Trains'  from  Model Rail  only  give  Peco L&B coaches  an overall rating  of  63%,, their negative comment  being:

Moulded  Parts  especially  the  roof,finsh is  easlily damaged, and limited  range,  rather  harsh I think  for   what is probably a giant leap forward  fro the  Narrow  Gauge 4mm sector.

I have been using  some of these coaches since introduced  and  had  no damaged parts,  the roof is greatly improved by  a quick spray of Matt Black,  and  of  course it is a limited range as there was not a great number of differing vehicles on the L&B.

The  Goods  stock  is  given a rating of 81%  with negatives  of  Fuzzy Printing  & Fragile  parts,  OK they  do need  careful handling  or  the  brake  lever  may fall off ( easily rectified with a spot of  adhesive) but nothing on any of  mine  has actually  broken because  of  'Fragile Parts!

Just  leafing  thro  the  publication  it  is not  easy  to  find  any product with  a lower  rating than 63%  ( the  Hornby Railroad  06  diesel  gets 58%)

Rather  strange to see these lowish ratings for a new  range  which  generally speaking, seems to have  gained good reviews elsewhere.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

The Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways have announced this 'jolly good fun' liveried van

https://www.facebook.com/festrail/photos/pcb.10155196337095716/10155196335230716/?type=1&theater

Wonder if the WHR64co will commission an EnvironMENTAL Dept one? Maybe that or special transfer set for the 009 society RNAD van which the real one was ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

According to the latest Ffestiniog Railway Magazine the FR are working with Peco to produce a model of FR carriage no. 14 (L&B carriage no. 15) using the composite brake carriage tooling.

It is to be just a repaint as the real Fess No14 stared out as L&B 15 but had a lot of work including lowering so the Peco model will just be a painted as No14 is now & not a new moulding

I will be getting one

• 2 months later...

FR carriage no. 14 (L&B no. 15) available at £42.50 plus P&P. No changes to the tooling, but I wasn't expecting any. http://my-eshop.info/epages/0bcabab2-d701-4d6a-8c92-0fe75db732d3.sf/sec207137ec75/?ObjectPath=/Shops/0bcabab2-d701-4d6a-8c92-0fe75db732d3/Products/FR420SnapperBar

I have here are photos with the 2 peco wagons in F&WHR livery

23458463581_8b546545a6_c.jpg100_8506 by brian mosby, on Flickr

23458467901_399381fc10_c.jpg100_8505 by brian mosby, on Flickr

• RMweb Premium

More good news for us 009'ers.

https://twitter.com/pecostreamline

Hopefully that works.

If not head over to Peco's facebook page, where you can seee the pics

'Coming soon ready to run in OO9 is the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway 8-ton bogie open wagon. A 3D printed sample was shown on our stand at Warley, but the sample photographed is from the actual tooling. A few details still need finishing off, but it is hoped to be available early next year.'

Owen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived