Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

My detailing/repainting projects

I forgot about the railfreight logos  :jester:

When you say black numbers, you meaning the cabside ones? I debated what to do with these, and went with the large white numbers as a sort of depot special, al la Thornaby 37's.....

Edited by blueeighties

Yeah the cabside ones. I may be remembering incorrectly but Im sure that even the large numbered ones still had the cabside numbers. The large ones being a kind of add on I think. Ill have a quick squiz on google and see if any didnt have thr black ones.

Brilliant work Lee, loving all the locos on your bench at the mo...

Will the red stripe 60 be called 'Tornado' by any chance??? ..... :jester:

Ta,

Jack.

:yes: it will, I wondered how quickly that would get picked up on ;)

I love the 60's but model BR Blue in the 80's so I decided to get them resprayed to predate (?) them, only have one chassis with legomanbiffo chip for the moment though but I can see me getting a second.

More fiddly n gauge.. been converting some of the older Farish chassis to dcc operation.

12839763464_075ee05c2f_b.jpg

g by rothburyuk, on Flickr

12839403703_3d6c31f529_b.jpg

h by rothburyuk, on Flickr

37's popular for repaints? Nah.....

12839401763_e536792b83_b.jpg

i by rothburyuk, on Flickr

12839317195_5c6b592c4b_b.jpg

b by rothburyuk, on Flickr

Bachmann BDA's in for conversion to 'Brill' wagons.

12839317575_360a591a98_b.jpg

c by rothburyuk, on Flickr

A batch of Freightliner reach trucks

12839373263_3032a927ba_b.jpg

a by rothburyuk, on Flickr

A pair of the new 33's from Heljan. The bufferbeam detailing is sublime. Corrected springs on the bogies too! 

12839383443_65941c6f3c_b.jpg

d by rothburyuk, on Flickr

12839403653_59d62839ac_b.jpg

e by rothburyuk, on Flickr

The very tasty Royal Mail 128

12839762554_aa389a74a1_b.jpg

f by rothburyuk, on Flickr
  • Like 8

Some serious work on there chap. Nice to see things going well. That 33 looks good but it looks to me as though Heljan still havent bothered with the br font for the cab numbers. Its not hard is it?

The conversions are pretty straight forward. Removal of some chassis block metal to isolate the motor, and then removal of the pickup wipers from the bogies to chassis block underside,

.Finally adding new flyleads from the motor, and wheel pickups. My only issue so far is the older (non can motor), all I get is very slow movement and smoke from the motor brush area. I'm thinking dirt, or new armature required?