Pontefract Model Railway Show 26 -27 January

Koyli

Hi all.

Looking forward to next weekend. Its a great show. Looks like another good line up of layouts and trade stands. Hope that all the snow has gone by then fingers crossed . I'm operating Hughs new layout ALFORD YARD .Come along and have a chat. :-) SOUL MAN [CHRIS].

Hugh Flynn's Alford Yard

post-7286-0-55613200-1358698181.jpg

Your backscene to Alford Yard intrigues me, Hugh. It gives a perspective effect I which I think could be referred to as "reversed entasis"! I presume it was OK to copy it to my hard drive for further study? I look forward to seeing how it works at Pontefract.

Gordon

After the weather put paid to my visit to Leamington yesterday, I'm very much looking forward to this one. Always a nice friendly show and this one looks set to live up to the high standard of past shows.

Hi

All stock for Alford yard weathered thanks to Richard for his help on this ,Struggling with sign as my man has not been at work so might have to wait until he is back.

Anyway very little snow on main roads today lets hope it starts to melts for weekend.

Remember children are FREE with a fare paying adult so treat them from one of the many stalls or some food in cafe.

Hugh 

Layouts looking great Hugh. Really looking forward to cracking Outon Road out of mothballs for this!! Might have to dedicate my flask train as an Alford yard working!! haha.

Shot from before the wires went up!

post-6894-0-34862800-1358865735_thumb.jpg

Cav

That pic was taken back in 2011. I have surprisingly few images of the layout since the wires went up. The running is far more involved these days with longer trains and bigger fiddle yards limiting the time I get to pop public side for shots. As Pontefract will be its last exhibition for a while it would be good to get some good photos and maybe a few videos while Im there.

Cav

Archived