Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

More static grass today, 6.5mm strands this time along with some trim your self tufts. 
It does feel a little grass heavy at the moment but once the front track and pit is in and it’s all covered in ash and crap it should balance out the green nicely.

96535A83-94AE-42F7-A0F1-AE0F3D6B3296.png

• Like 8

Back at Sonning and the trees continue to grow, a pair of spruce from GModelScene along with some flowering bushes in amongst the grass. These have been added on all 3 scenic sections. I’ve ordered 2 30 to 40 cm MBR trees to fill in the back on this section and if their smaller trees are anything to go by they should be superb.

C4ADEBC3-C52F-4B5E-BC5A-3EC2E19C4ED2.jpeg

• Like 7

Weathering and little detail editions today,  adding the fantastic Modelu guttering to an Intentio mess room, I decided after I had given it the first coat of paint to add a broken piece in, down pipe still to add,  liqutex puddles and a broken wall with a pile of individual bricks!  They need weathering and a used sleeper wall behind as a quick repair job,  I love adding little details like this for me it’s what brings a layout to life.  There the sorts of things most will overlook as the Locomotives will take the primary focus but once you look past them there’s a whole little world going on.

E67B6A8C-83B1-4D6F-BB17-44CEDD19698D.jpeg

639F6D4A-9DFC-4A28-8E6C-62D1B3F2D3BE.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Sanded the coaling stage road yesterday and sprayed it today in browns and black,  added a few more weeds and tufts and some more rust powders to the scrap pile also the skytrex oil barrels and Modelu brake blocks are glued in place.  
Spear top fencing will go along the back of the coaling stage road then the canopy can go on.

91FA5827-28C6-4199-9F2F-D8B7B095759C.png

• Like 6

Two nice arrivals for the Sonning Goods train collected from the The Railway Shop, Blaenavon today, Back in the Coaling stage and it’s been track weathering,  I’ve been building up layers by mixing paints with talc to replicate the oil grease soaked ash crapy gunge that can be seen on many pictures.

11E5684A-DF40-4EE8-939A-2213B816F463.png

• Like 7