The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Am I Gingered ?

JZ

This is the content of a spam email I have recieved. I know these always contain very poor grammar, but this is reaching towards a new low.

The decased. Was he in a cabinet ? Am I gingered ? Reply with name, age and cell? Nearest I've been to a prison was on Bury New Road in Manchester. And why is he shouting ?

THIS MESSAGE IS FROM MR. MIKE BONGANI

YOU’VE BEING CHOSEN TO MAKE A HUGE CLAIM TO AMOUNT OF $17.5 MILLION UNATTENDED AMOUNT BECAUSE YOU HAVE SAMELAST NAME WITH THEDECASED, ARE YOU GINGERED TO MAKE THE CLAIM? REPLY WITH NAME, AGE AND CELL FOR CLARIFICATION

I guess they mean 'ready' - reddy as in 'all red' i.e. ginger... Oh never mind.

I'm fed up with all these spams too.

By the way could you open an account for me so I can put my 18m USD inheritance into, I'll give you half, honest. :angel:

Dave Franks.

• RMweb Gold

It is probably one of those non-British English terms that the email sender didn't realise would cause amusement. Family members from the sub continent often use words that are not in current UK usage or have evolved. My favourite is "I fired him".

Archived