'Abbot's Bridge' (72G)

georgeT

Hi Duncan, Study the work of David Wright, he may be on You Tube but has written extesively in BRM in the last few Months. His work is as good as Georges, it should be, thats his living.

Andy

I have been reading his stuff in BRM and find it realy useful.

There are a few other things I need to do before giving it a go.

Duncan

Duncan. lf you see David at any show go up and talk to him, he is a great guy and very helpful, he was the one who got me into DAS, also you can see how he make's his model's, the are breath taking, and he show's you how.

Or just have a go yourself, you will find what work's for you in the end, and after many, many cock-up's you'll get there l promise, just watch Andy's and my video's, on here or 'Trebudoc' they are not perfect in any way shape or form, but they will give you a little insight how to do it.

George..

Yes or like that bit of steel over the Firth of Forth.

Anyway what ever it is George will have it done by Monday!!!!!!

The speed George builds, it'll probably be planned tonight and first fix build by tomorrow night :O

Duncan

Peter & Duncan,   l love the praise you gave me over the speed in which l build my model's, but l am free every morning for at least five hour's, as l start work at one o'clock everyday so l can get a lot done.

Trouble is l have been going 100 mph down the wrong road, and have hit a brick wall ? l love building steam loco's and various wagon's, so why oh why have l built a station layout, no room for more than a one coach train which can't go anywhere only back where it came from. so a BIG re-think on my next project.

What next, ?  a two road engine shed with a little coal yard at one end of the layout, and a few sidings the over end for shunting wagons ?

Andy, Thank you very much for the phone number, l have spoken to him, and he looks at the RMweb and like's what we have done with your 'Trebudoc' and my building's, he has bought my station building (he will finish it off) and my engine shed, so l am back to square one but a bit richer..

What next, ?  a two road engine shed with a little coal yard at one end of the layout, and a few sidings the over end for shunting wagons ?

George

As I said in an earlier post, it would be a great way to show your kit and scratch building skills.

It also looks like you have another fan of your buildings which are always superb.

Duncan

Hello Lad's, Well l had intended to build an exhibition layout based somewhere on the S&D, but it was a big dream, as it would be at home 99% of its life where l wouldn't be able to operate it ? so after a long chat we Andy about the in's and out's of showing a layout l have dumped the idea.

The guy who Andy found is going to buy my part built station, but not the engine shed now as he want's a bigger one with door's at both end's, so l will keep it and use it in the new layout, that will built for home use all the time, a shed at one end and siding's the other, there l can run the thing's l make until my heart is content.

George..

Hello Duncan, Nothing to say really, l wanted an exhibition layout, but not realising just how much work and effort  is involved, in getting it there, loading the car/van, setting it all up, and then operating for 6-7 hours, then the reverse to get it all home in one piece, Andy & his crew are really knackered after a show, more so if its over two day's, l really admire  Andy's, Mike & Peter's  staying power.

l haven't got anyone to help me with anything, so l would be a one man band, not good, so l guess l'll do my thing at home, and dream of bigger and better things to come, if ever Haha..

George.. 

l haven't got anyone to help me with anything, so l would be a one man band, not good, so l guess l'll do my thing at home, and dream of bigger and better things to come, if ever Haha..

George.. 

George

I know exactly what you're saying, I'm in the same boat in that respect.

Duncan

Hi Mate, the wagons are looking good, and will go well with  the new layout plan :O  Not another plan :no:  I heard you cry, but it is better to be happy with a plan than keep thinking I wish I had ????? :senile: :senile: :senile: :senile: :senile:

I noticed that since I posted in the Lounge on Friday, page 13, post 322, that you had joined us there have been loads of welcomes, almost 3 pages in the Lunester Lounge which is nice.

I had lots of nice comments over the weekend on the buildings so that was good, and I have also been asked to do a Photo Shoot for a well known mag of the layout and Buildings so I will get you do do a write up on their construction if you want.

Catch up Monday mate. :sungum: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

I had lots of nice comments over the weekend on the buildings so that was good, and I have also been asked to do a Photo Shoot for a well known mag of the layout and Buildings so I will get you do do a write up on their construction if you want.

Andy & George

That is fantastic news for both of you. Well deserved

Duncan

Andy, l would like very much to do a write up, it will be fun cheer's

Hi Duncan, Yes it would be impossible to do a show on your tod, so l think l will just attend show's and admire all the layout's, as l know how much work is involved in getting them there, will enjoy them even more.

While l was up at Bolton on sunday l bought some driving wheel's for my next project, a resin bodied 0-6-0T 3f (Jinty) (yes another one) and will be in the kitbuild section in (georgeT's 7mm workbench)

Hi Duncan,   Get yourself something small to start with, say a wagon, it's good pratice and great fun, you will be amazed at what you can do, and if you muck it up just take it apart and start again, go for it. and good luck..

George..

Hi Duncan,   Get yourself something small to start with, say a wagon, it's good pratice and great fun, you will be amazed at what you can do, and if you muck it up just take it apart and start again, go for it. and good luck..

George..

George

I have got a couple of Cambrian wagon kits, but not overly impressed with the quality of instructions. Oh well !!!

Duncan

Morning Duncan,  As with most lower priced kit's loco's or wagon's you will need to do some research, but that's half the fun, find a photo of your desired model and stick to it as best you can, there are lot's of photographic site's on the web on loco's or wagon's, so what if you put the brake's on the wrong way round, you will soon notice your mistake, then you put it right, you will get there, l promise. good luck.

Been there,done that lune George..

Archived