'Abbot's Bridge' (72G)

georgeT

Thanks for the video  :O      Lots of good memories to keep mate. :locomotive:

Cheers Andy.

Edit, George I have just watched it again and I can see how knackered I was at the end of your visit. :O

You are enough to tire anybody out and I was probably glad when you went home :no: ,. hahhaaaaaahhhe :sungum: :sungum:

Andy, The trouble is, old lune (Loon) is you are getting too old and cant keep up with us young ones anymore ? l have only just got over your visit to me, l need some distressing tablets HaHaHa. (PS) while searching through my hard drive l have found some pictures of your 'MASONS LANE' layout, what happened to it ? cant remember..

Hello Peter, Progress is not as fast as l would like, but l'm getting there, glad you like what l've done so far.  (PS) when will you be starting on your layout ?

Duncan, l am waiting on some multi-coloured wire, then l can get it all wired up and running on the two boards, l will then get some pictures done. if l dont blow myself up that is ?,

George

Andy, The trouble is, old lune (Loon) is you are getting too old and cant keep up with us young ones anymore ? l have only just got over your visit to me, l need some distressing tablets HaHaHa. (PS) while searching through my hard drive l have found some pictures of your 'MASONS LANE' layout, what happened to it ? cant remember..

Hello Peter, Progress is not as fast as l would like, but l'm getting there, glad you like what l've done so far.  (PS) when will you be starting on your layout ?

Duncan, l am waiting on some multi-coloured wire, then l can get it all wired up and running on the two boards, l will then get some pictures done. if l dont blow myself up that is ?,

George

Hi George, Masons Lane was moved on as I had too many projects on the go, with that, Glen Roy, Loch Leven,and  Trebudoc.

I am looking forward to seeing Abbotts Mead up and running and ready for the scenics.then you can try and get it into a show somewhere, that would be good. :senile:  :senile: 

In that video I looked really wash out and sounded tired and I don't know why, we had such a good day and did everything we planned to do, as you say I must be getting old :no:

catch up later,

TIRED OLd Lune :sungum: .

P.S. Are you regestering Abbotts Mead as a Lunester Layout? come over and jpoin the MAD HOUSE :beee:

Hi Andy, l think when we were younger it was all so much easier, we could stand up ALL day at a railway exhibition, even go out for a pint in the evening no bother at all, but now l find it very hard to stand up for long periods, so l will have to cut down the amount of days out ?

Been having serious thought's on 'Abbott's Mead' in that l am thinking of scrapping the station and platform, and putting a good's shed with siding's and forget a through station, as it will be set up on two boards 99% of its time as the through running would be on a third board, of which could never be set up at home, where as two board's can stay up all the time ????

Any comments welcome.............

Hi Andy, l think when we were younger it was all so much easier, we could stand up ALL day at a railway exhibition, even go out for a pint in the evening no bother at all, but now l find it very hard to stand up for long periods, so l will have to cut down the amount of days out ?

Been having serious thought's on 'Abbott's Mead' in that l am thinking of scrapping the station and platform, and putting a good's shed with siding's and forget a through station, as it will be set up on two boards 99% of its time as the through running would be on a third board, of which could never be set up at home, where as two board's can stay up all the time ????

Any comments welcome.............

That sounds like a plan mate, it would make more scense for you as a loco builder, it will give you a test bed and you also enjoy making wagon kits, so it is somewhere to shunt them about too.

We can still add some nice scenics, possibly even more than with the Station idea, and the layout will look bigger as an open yard with a small goods shed or provender store, cattle dock, side loading dock, end loading ramp, and a nice coal yard, crane and a couple of huts.

Have fun.

Andy, the very Old Tired LUNE :sungum:

Hi Andy, Yes it makes great sense to have a yard, then l can do lots of shunting, have made a start on the stone work on the loco shed, hopefully get some tips from old lune here ? what l want is a dark grey brickwork, as the overbridge and goods shed will be of the same.

post-7716-0-78943600-1360841554_thumb.jpg

Duncan, Thats just what l wanted to hear, it was a bit of a dream to have a through station but alas a pipe dream we all have, (maybe l will go for 'N' gauge no only kidding). l will stick to what l can do, and play in the yard with lots of wagons ?

George..

George, are you planning on changing the layout name if you do away with the station?

Abbotts lane sidings?

Abbotts Yard?

Abbotts Goods?

Abbotts Bridge?

Abbotts Dock?,

Abbotts Quay?(you could put a sea wall in the front of the board )

OR how about, A.B. Botts and Co coal yard,? hahhaaaaaa

or just a BAD ABBOTT :sungum:

George, what a fantastic project you have on the go here.

Between yourself and Andy P, both really inspired me for some 0 gauge modelling. I'm over 00 now I've tried, I've failed and got annoyed.

But 0 really appeals to me now....

The buildings are very impressive.

I'll keep a close eye for future progress.

All the best,

Jack.

The engine shed is really looking the part now.

Once I get to my room in the house I will start some track plans. I have had objections from the planing authorities about it coming out of the room. But I am going to try and get her artistic flare involved with the scenics so that my ease the way. Or I just build it while she is at work and hide when she comes home.

Hello Andy, Thank's for the selection of name's and l think 'Abbot's Bridge' is the one for me, as l want to put a river/stream across the layout some how l really like the idea of a yard to play (oops) in mean operate and shunt various wagon around in, as you say ..

Jack, Welcome to 'Abbot's Bridge' l have alway been into '00' all my life until Old Lune Andy went and bought an '0' gauge lvatt 2-6-2T (41303) for £700 and it was the dogs dangly bit's, l fell l love with it, so l sold all of my '00' and stepped into the world of '0 gauge, that was about three years ago and in that time have built abd scratbuilt about ten locomotive's and various wagon's, the best move l have ever made,

Duncan,   No l don't think 'Bad Abbot' would suit,  sound's good tho' l have started to wire up the first board and l'm still here ? Haha.

Peter. The best way with SWMBO is to get them involved somehow, when l was building my first loco l said to my girlfriend that it was her's when it was finished, to stop me selling it, anyway everytime she come's to my workbench she alway's say's is that my one, yes my love l say as she does not know a G6 from O2, it's working so far, Haha

George

I'll probably give it a trial in a few weeks. Although I think I might need to obtain a magnifier to make a reasonable job.

Duncan

Hi Duncan, Study the work of David Wright, he may be on You Tube but has written extesively in BRM in the last few Months. His work is as good as Georges, it should be, thats his living.

Andy

Archived