Class 57/3 status?

Swifty11

Hi all,

I was reading RAIL magazine today and apparently 57307/308/311 are now DRS fleet members but apparently 57313-316 are still at Virgin? But all other sources I have spoke to have said they have gone off lease?

Please Help,

Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

57307 has recently left Eastleigh works in plain (unbranded as yet) DRS blue, but has curiously retained its pink Lady Penelope nameplates and IR plaque above.

The plates have been relocated on the bodysides to just behind the cab doors, presumably to accomodate any future application of the current DRS Compass livery.

57307 has recently left Eastleigh works in plain (unbranded as yet) DRS blue, but has curiously retained its pink Lady Penelope nameplates and IR plaque above.

The plates have been relocated on the bodysides to just behind the cab doors, presumably to accomodate any future application of the current DRS Compass livery.

Been told that 57307 is getting 'Safety' special livery instead of DRS branding, promoting safety, I suppose DRS are using it as a mobile advert given that it will be placed at station for thunderbird work. There's a vid on YouTube.

Type on to YouTube 47818+57010+57307 which should bring it up, if not ill have another look, my iPad dosent like coping links...

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Been told that 57307 is getting 'Safety' special livery instead of DRS branding, promoting safety, I suppose DRS are using it as a mobile advert given that it will be placed at station for thunderbird work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atlantean8763/8448689862/

And if you nick any cable, be prepared to be shot at by a 6-wheeled pink Rolls-Royce...........

Cheers,

Mick

I saw the pictures on wnxx.com!

Livery looks ok...

Would be nicer if they would have put it in Virgin colours but you can dream!

Just to say 57313-316 is at west coast and has had its dellner removed

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

57313 - 57316 are at Barrow Hill according to wnxx.com as of 01/02. One of these is also pictured on wnxx.com in the evening of 01/02 on a night shoot.

57315/316 reported to have transferred to Carnforth today. Dunno if repainted , or if that's due to be done at Carnforth.

Cheers, Mick

57315/316 reported to have transferred to Carnforth today. Dunno if repainted , or if that's due to be done at Carnforth.

Cheers, Mick

Would think so, probably cheaper for west toast railways (after what happened to 47500)

Would think so, probably cheaper for west toast railways (after what happened to 47500)

I think it's fair to say that 47500s fate will now rest with the outcome of the investigation and potential insurance than anything else. If it's NR to blame, then it could i suppose (and hopefully), depending on the insurance payout make a comeback.

Looking at the photo's on WNXX  http://www.wnxx.com/content/190313/57315.htm Both 57315 &57316 look to have had the unit for coupling to the Virgin units removed! Granted West Coast may not have much use for them, but if retained, they may of been able to hire them out if required????

Just a thought.

Ian

The removal of the Dellner Couplings are most likely down to their complicated leasing situation - while the 57/3s are owned outright by Porterbrrok (except for 313-316 now), the actual couplers are owned and leased by Angel Trains who lease out the 390s.  So at a guess, WCRC presumably didn't want the extra lease on these couplings as it would cost them to not use them.

The removal of the Dellner Couplings are most likely down to their complicated leasing situation - while the 57/3s are owned outright by Porterbrrok (except for 313-316 now), the actual couplers are owned and leased by Angel Trains who lease out the 390s.  So at a guess, WCRC presumably didn't want the extra lease on these couplings as it would cost them to not use them.

I saw the pictures on wnxx.com!

Livery looks ok...

Would be nicer if they would have put it in Virgin colours but you can dream!

Just to say 57313-316 is at west coast and has had its dellner removed

Hi Surfsup, Many thanks, Also I am now off to have yet another eye test as I see (but failed to see it before!!!!) Swifty11 had commented on this back in February this year - Sorry Swifty11

Having just popped down to Carnforth Station, there is no sing of either of them, but the noise of grinders and sanders............ could they be getting a new coat of paint straight away?

Kind regards

Ian

• 1 month later...

57316 has been a regular on the Cumbrian Statesman railtour for the last 3/4 weeks. 57313 was also tnt 3 weeks ago. Both still in plain blue,

Cheers,

Mick

Hoping to get 57313 as that particular engine has been avoiding me ever since it got its repaint into Arriva. Hoping it's working 'The Lakeland Moorlander' tonight which I'm out to see tonight

• RMweb Premium

Hoping to get 57313 as that particular engine has been avoiding me ever since it got its repaint into Arriva. Hoping it's working 'The Lakeland Moorlander' tonight which I'm out to see tonight

You may be unlucky. 47854/57601 reported on this tour.

Cheers,

Mick

You may be unlucky. 47854/57601 reported on this tour.

Cheers,

Mick

Ok, thanks for the info, will help me to spot which ones they are, they all look the same all being dark brown

Archived