Grimsby Town Station Pictures

Theakerr

I would like to start upgrading my station buildings that are based Grimsby Town Station circa 1960.  I have searched Google, Yahoo and Daves Railpics (an excellent source) and together with some i have in books I have a pretty good feel for the station especially inside the covered area.  However, I cannot find a good shot of platform 3 and the south end of platform i showing the canopy that covered the old parcels loading area.  A good straight on shot of platform 3 is really desirable since that is the side that faces out on my layout.  Does anyone know where I might find such pictures?  Would also appreciate a link to pictures showing the south end signal box looking at it to the North (Scunthorpe) so I can get the outside stairs.  note, I live in Canada so it is not a case of going down to the local museum.

Thanks and a Happy Christmas from the GWN

If you *can* find someone local, there's actually a really good clear view of P3 nowadays from the car park alongside the line.

I have a feeling it's tricky to get any sort of view of Garden St box from the angle you're looking for, unfortunately. Certainly I can only remember seeing it from either the station or the road in pictures.

Thks Gentlemen,

Sorry, I was not specific when I referenced that I had found Daves Rail web site but unfortunately it doesn't show an un-obstructed view to platform 3.   I do have a copy of the Foxline book and whilst it has some good pictures, again it does not give me the platform 3 shot.  Perhaps a current picture may be the way to go.  I will ask my sister to see if she can get over to Grimsby unless there is anyone here who wouldn't mind taking a shot for me.  

Afternoon Chris,

Offer very much appreciated.  Areas of interest are the windowed arches and the "filled in" arches at the north end.  I am specifically interested in the bottom sections of both areas.  Some pictures I have suggest a brick cornich/plinth at the bottom.  In others there appears to be nothing.  Also interested in the presence of a window ledge and the numerical relationship of the triangular awning to the arched windows.  I suspect it is one "triangle per two windows but would like to confirm.     Finally the transition from the shed area to the single story brick buildings at the south end.  Basically any shot at right angles to the structure should give me what i need.

Again,

Many thanks

Jim 

Archived