Dapol class 86

HSTcallum

• 2 weeks later...

hi Guys;

Done a bit of photo digging today after seeing the pics on David's excellent Cross St layout. After seeing 86628 (the dummy F/L 86 ) with no Inergen bottles, I can confirm that they were present when 86628 was in its previous livery of Triple Grey with F/L flashes and Aldaniti names. Alas, this looks like another silly oversight.

Now I don't suppose that this is insurmountable with a bit of Plastruct and the suchlike.....

Later;

STU from EGDL

Hi Stu,

These were specified to be exactly the same with regards to livery and details as per the powered FL green and triple grey class 86's and they came and went without me getting a chance to look at them.

Ironically I didn't specify directional lighting!

I will look into this and see if I can get bottles made, painted and shipped over. The ails been sent to HK ( I'm in transit through Paris on the away back at the minute), and I'll report back when I have an answer.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have messaged Dave this morning and been told the Network Rail 86 twin pack is in production right now. I can't wait especially with the new OLE on its way soon as well

Owen

• RMweb Premium

Message from Dave

Hi Owen,

These are on production right now so maybe the end of June.

However they will not be supplied with nameplates so if you require yours named i suggest a word with Brian at Shawplan.

cheers

Dave

Ta Owen

• 1 year later...

I wish they would rease some executive livery 86 locos as that would be perfect for my layout. There is a swallow one on evil bay at the moment but its too late for my layout. I thought about modding one to be exec but the greys are different

• 2 months later...

does anybody know if the Dapol 86/4s come with jumper cables in the accessories bag

As far as I'm aware, and MW jumpers are moulded on the 86's where appropriate (so the 86/4 will have either the 87 style MW jumper, that and the TDM cables or the TDM cables alone), the accessories bag will have brake cables and ETH cables in it.

• RMweb Premium

As far as I'm aware, and MW jumpers are moulded on the 86's where appropriate (so the 86/4 will have either the 87 style MW jumper, that and the TDM cables or the TDM cables alone), the accessories bag will have brake cables and ETH cables in it.

Some expert advice from Class 86 experts would be appreciated; which of the 2 Dapol 'scale' pantographs should I fit to my blue CM Models 86204? There are no instructions in the pack. TIA.

Some expert advice from Class 86 experts would be appreciated; which of the 2 Dapol 'scale' pantographs should I fit to my blue CM Models 86204? There are no instructions in the pack. TIA.

Hi there,

Use the Stove-Faively pan as 86204 never got the Brecknell-willis high speed pan ( that's the single arm one in the pack)..... Although I'm still of the opinion that they are massively over scale....

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

Hi there,

Use the Stove-Faively pan as 86204 never got the Brecknell-willis high speed pan ( that's the single arm one in the pack)..... Although I'm still of the opinion that they are massively over scale....

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

I agree Stu, I am currently working on a bastardisation of the old Farish and the Dapol.

Rgds

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Hi I think the exposure of models in press lately has helped profile N soc mag shows N gauge brass West coast style gantries plus Dapol parts. Ben Ando  and club layout have recently been show cased on Model rail so hopefully 92 will make it - I do have a fantastic CJM one so well worth saving up for it guys.

Robert

• RMweb Premium

Hi should add that Dapol`s own shop website has heavily discounted 86s as well

Robert

I can't understand why '' electrics don't sell''. I've got an 86 and a 4CEP and have installed just token Dapol ohle in some places on my layout and have no intention of fitting third rail. The 92 is out of my era but I'd buy it if it was pre-1982. The 86 looks great with the Faiveley panto raised hauling a long freightliner.

Well, I would like to know IF electrics don't sell, with facts, not hypothesis based on retail pricing.  Just because some places are discounting doesn't mean they are slow sellers, could be any one of a number of reasons for discounts.  Fact is no-one but the manufacturers know if electrics sell or not - and I doubt they will volunteer commercially sensitive information.  So as far as I'm concerned it's all speculation, sometimes delivered in a disappointing, slightly sneering way as justification that some wierd one-off freak diesel or obscure steamer is somehow "more deserving" of investment and production slots.