Dapol class 86

HSTcallum

The BR Blue 86's look even better as an 86/4 rolleyes.gif

Have I imagined it or have Dapol said that they are to release one of the 86's (86214 'Sans Pareil' or 86235 'Novelty') that took on the 150 years celebration colour scheme?

Cheers

Lee

post-4186-128147339368_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

The photo above shows just how far British N has come in recent years. After seeing this photo (and the others on the forum home page) I had to look closely to see if it was the N or OO version.

The future's bright, the future's N gauge!

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have I imagined it or have Dapol said that they are to release one of the 86's (86214 'Sans Pareil' or 86235 'Novelty') that took on the 150 years celebration colour scheme?

Cheers

Lee

That 86/4 looks great, did the multiple working cables come with another loco or scratch built?

Will need to add a set to my RES 86/4.

Cheers,

Keith.

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Can I put in a plea for some earlier 86s quite soon please! My OHLE posts are up and just waiting for a white window/cab roof combination and an un-named Rail Blue without cantrail stripes to glide under! Thanks in anticipation Dave!

Can I put in a plea for some earlier 86s quite soon please! My OHLE posts are up and just waiting for a white window/cab roof combination and an un-named Rail Blue without cantrail stripes to glide under! Thanks in anticipation Dave!

I suspect you might be waiting a while as this requires a retooled body (to remove the Flexicoil "mount" - though I can possibly see Dapol skipping this in the interests of expediency/relative ignorability), a retooled front (headcode unplated), and retooled bogie (no flexicoil suspension). But it would be nice for them to take a stab at the 86/0 and 86/3s though.

I suspect you might be waiting a while as this requires a retooled body (to remove the Flexicoil "mount" - though I can possibly see Dapol skipping this in the interests of expediency/relative ignorability), a retooled front (headcode unplated), and retooled bogie (no flexicoil suspension). But it would be nice for them to take a stab at the 86/0 and 86/3s though.

There were plenty of rail blue 86/2 without cantrail stripes which don't need a modified body - as for electric blue with white window surrounds they could do a model of 259.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have a question. Does anyone know when the next batch of 86's are due ?

as i have the N.S.E liveried one on order .And also when are the excellent

Pantographs due as my own RES 86 is crying out for a acurate pantograph

as 86425 carries the Brecknell willis high speed example.

The nameplates are separate fittings so you'd only need to not fit those, and lift the arrows of confusion and cantrail then re-decal it (the arrows moved when they were named). I've yet to try lifting the cantrail to see if it'll come off without harming the blue but it's on my TODO list.

Nigel Burkin has some photos of some review samples from Dapol (mostly HSTs), but has this lovely model of the Dapol 86 in the new freightliner livery, sporting the new pantograph:

My link

I don't recall Dapol announcing this - has anyone heard more about it? I'm hoping they will release a double pack soon - this one and a standard FL dummy, so you can use them doubleheading on intermodals

David

Hi David

Dapol did announce 86637 in powerhaul livery at the same time as the announced 67018 in DB Schenker livery

But if memory recalls it was due towards the back end of the year.

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Antics are doing a number of them at 60GBP. Grabbed the Freightliner version. I must say, Wow! Top marks to Dapol for a fabulous model. What chance a class 90 of the same standard?

Thanks for the heads up I've just ordered one myself. Although I think the fact that Antics are having to price them so cheaply in order to sell them, should give you a clue as to why I doubt that Dapol will be rushing to produce another 25kV AC loco any time soon.

Edited by bennyboy

I am vaguely suprised to see them being discounted so much. The reviews when they came out seemed boradly positive. There is matching stock in the form of Mk3 coaching and DVTs. Catenary is available (I think). And yet they don't seem to be selling particularly well. Is it true that OHELs don't sell particularly well? I gather Dapol put the 92 on the the back burner as a result.

Is it the lack of stuff to run alongside? The 87 and 90 are available but dated and there is no OHEL suburban stock. The forthcoming 350 will rememdy this to some extent but I am not sure if 86s were still working out of Euston by the time the 350s arrived.

I am vaguely suprised to see them being discounted so much.

They are a very nice model and are probably one of the best Dapol in recent times.

BUT electrics aren't that popular it seems (as widely reported by slow sales of Farish 87,90,91s), and worse, Dapol haven't released it in the two liveries I'd have thought would have been popular - original electric Blue and BR corporate blue (yes, there has been a limited edition run in corp blue, but this was limited and at a resulting premium price of close to double what other liveries are selling for).

Personally I do hope they do one in original electric blue, but I won't be surprised if it's a while before more are produced.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Guys;

A brief mooch around T'interweb this morning sees a couple of traders pricing the imminent dummies at around the £35 mark.

Is it really £10- £15 more expensive for a dummy loco having a pantograph???

Has the question been answered about a lighting circuit in the dummy 86 (a la 26/HST but not 67 or 66)?

And if people are picking up powered versions around the bazaars for £50-£60...will the dummies sell???

Later;

STU from EGDL