GWR 2-8-0 to leave Moor Street

melmerby

Let's hope 4110 and 9682 steam soon then. Thanks for the info.

Well, I gather 9682 is well on the way at Southall (the GWRPG area, nothing to do with another organisation at Southall.....), and should be back in steam later this year, but 4110 at Tyseley is years (and lots of money) away.     

• RMweb Premium

Is there anyone local to Moor St that could take some photos for us all, I wish I lived nearer as it will be interesting to see how they will go about moving the 28xx.

ATB,

Martyn.

Agreed - It will be great to see it being winched out... with all the snow around!

I thought it was due everywhere in the UK in the next few days! - Or at least that is what my staff say!!

It is - I was referring to Brum for Jim  - the met office warning maps are here - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-2.90&lat=56.75&fcTime=1357905660

• RMweb Gold

as long as i can get to brum in the morning for 8 without too much trouble i'll be happy, i'm planning on leaving the car there and getting the train home in the afternoon which saves a lot of aggro (and fuel), i can then get the train back in monday and if needs be book a hotel for monday night as i don't finish til 01:00

• RMweb Gold

i think people have better things to do than freeze their nuts off on moor st for the night

with any luck the crane may still be there in the morning, if it is ill get a piccie when i get to work

there will be some pics somewhere on line no doubt by tomorrow morning!

• RMweb Gold

and there it was.......gone!

940D3F57-0117-473B-ADDE-1586A1B36C20-272

oh wait, sorry it was behind me all the time..........

EBC1E069-060C-49BE-AA48-EF4BA3FB44F5-272

dont know what happened but its still there, doesn't seem to be any sign of it having moved anywhere or indeed evidence of where a crane has been, will try and see what happened later

• 4 weeks later...

Well it looks like it's going to remain here for a little while yet. There been an appeal to members of the GWR Preservation Group to raise funds to pay for it's removal. Despite the locomotive being 'sold' last year, it looks like it was a 'delivered' price, and the buyer doesn't pay until the loco's on site.. 

• RMweb Premium

Well it looks like it's going to remain here for a little while yet. There been an appeal to members of the GWR Preservation Group to raise funds to pay for it's removal. Despite the locomotive being 'sold' last year, it looks like it was a 'delivered' price, and the buyer doesn't pay until the loco's on site.. 

That doesn't sound like a very good bit of negotiating (from seller's point of view!)

I still think it would be easier to lay temporary track from the end of the stub track to the siding a litle way away (the one with a buffer stop = remove) and winch it into position. Then it could be hauled (slowly), at a quiet time of night, to Tyseley.

The track could go over the low height obstructions on some supports

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=52.477749,-1.888876&spn=0.000805,0.002642&t=h&z=19

Keith

Not directly, but I've been shown a copy by someone who has.

So, are they going to cough up? I'm wondering if I ought to end my membership and give my money to something with a real future.

Sad to say it, but with the way it seems to be being run, I can't see the group lasting much longer. I've been in it since the beginning.............   

Archived