Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

On a lighter note, here is my new Bachmann class 37 in network rail livery (respray) thanks to neil (class 66) on RMWEB .

The nose cone has been replaced on this loco which i think looks far better than the original.I am now building up quite a 

collection of network rail locos now along with the rolling stock.

post-17682-0-37961800-1360183793.jpg

post-17682-0-19513600-1360183798.jpg

post-17682-0-07598400-1360183812.jpg

• Like 3

Loving the layout mate :D looks awesome love the way the tracks curve arround :D my problem at the moment is locos. I personaly dont have the finance to buy locos ive got track and points but only a couple locos lol anyway i saw your comment on youtube and its pyronathanpyro btw :D i will be recording my progress and youtubing it as i go :D thanks.

Loving the layout mate :D looks awesome love the way the tracks curve arround :D my problem at the moment is locos. I personaly dont have the finance to buy locos ive got track and points but only a couple locos lol anyway i saw your comment on youtube and its pyronathanpyro btw :D i will be recording my progress and youtubing it as i go :D thanks.

thanks for the comment mate.good luck with your layout and locos!

• Like 1

Ive just finished one of your Rhtt wagons Terry :no:  wil send you picy later!! just test running it now.... :locomotive:

nice one neil.should look good behind the 97!!!

Nice 37 you have got there, very nice Job On the Respray ! Looking Great Terry, the Town scene is the Part !! Cant wait to see more  :sungum:

Cheers, 

Exmouth Junction

thanks for commenting!

Some lovely progress you are making. Look forward to seeing the fire scene.

Mike

well i need to build the town area before the fire scene takes place.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now started to build the ready mix concrete site (lafarge). i am building it on a removable 6mm MDF board to be fitted down the south end of the station.

As you can see i have built the rock face around two sides of the board out of insulation foam board then hand painted it with light grey acrylic paint then mixed up three spray bottles of diluted black, light grey, and brown acrylic paints and just sprayed over the foam to give it different shades.

once dry i dry brushed some darker reds to the rock face and hand painted the edges of the rock in a brilliant white.

i have also given the base of the board an under coat of earth color.

it is now ready to receive the GEO-SCENICS rough road kit to represent a broken up ground including pot holes.

post-17682-0-52643400-1361096698.jpg

post-17682-0-34499200-1361096712.jpg

• Like 5

I have now started to build the ready mix concrete site (lafarge). i am building it on a removable 6mm MDF board to be fitted down the south end of the station.

As you can see i have built the rock face around two sides of the board out of insulation foam board then hand painted it with light grey acrylic paint then mixed up three spray bottles of diluted black, light grey, and brown acrylic paints and just sprayed over the foam to give it different shades.

once dry i dry brushed some darker reds to the rock face and hand painted the edges of the rock in a brilliant white.

i have also given the base of the board an under coat of earth color.

it is now ready to receive the GEO-SCENICS rough road kit to represent a broken up ground including pot holes.

I have also added the concrete hard standing for the various buildings that will be put into place.the concrete is from a busch kit which is a precut laser card kit 

and does the job perfectly.

As you can see i have just started to fit the buildings now.the green buildings are from Bachmann but i was going to scratch build these but i already had these buildings tucked away so thought i may as well use them.

The larger building at the back is a walthers building that i just started to adjust to suite the layout but not finished yet.

post-17682-0-39741700-1361097463.jpg

post-17682-0-94052000-1361097473.jpg

• Like 2

As you can see the rough ground is now complete and i have started to ad vehicles and clutter.

The loose mounds of gravel are still to be added along with other detailing.once that is done the whole lot will receive a coat of grime 

but i first need to get out my airbrush but i am building up a list of things to weather before i get it out.

post-17682-0-60266500-1361097763.jpg

post-17682-0-69635900-1361097769.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Terry,

Great stuff as always. always good news when one of your layout updates appears on my YouTube feed.

The speed that you work at is amazing! You could probably finish my layout in about a week flat !

Good luck with the points motors, i have only recently attempted them for the first time, but once you get a technique

and wiring plan figured it is easy. 

Cheers 

Marcus

P.S I'm a big fan of the Rails of Sheffield obsolete section aswell lol 

Hi marcus

Thanks for the comment.i have had the point motors for a while but electrics are not my strong point and have been putting it off for some time now.

Im sure your right tho in saying that it becomes easy once you get the technique right.I need to get cracking on with them along with the track droppers 

and bus wire.i think im going to have to put a weekend aside for this task.

terry

• Like 2