RMweb

Dating, women and the 'hobby'...

My missus always says that when she wants my opinion..... she'll tell me what it is !!!!!

Seeing as she's busy at the moment it looks like I've got free reign for a minute so.............

break it to her slowly and wait for the right time...... she'll tell you when that is!!!!!

Seriously though, I took her and her folks to 'The Great Gathering' at York using my sneaky mr fox skills to work on the parents first..... mum and dad loved it, she loved it because obviously mum and dad approved, especially as I drove, we walked around York, had some lunch which I paid for again (just fish and chips nothing fancy) then I drove home.

Everyone had a 'Grand Day Out-Grommit' and she discovered that she loves A4's...... but only if they are blue.

RESULT-Yeah baby!!!

motto: if you can, let her friends, or better still her parents and family, provide the excuse for bringing it up as then it won't be your idea.

If she still doesn't like it after all that..... cut your losses and run or get a boyfriend instead ( as long as he likes trains that is). :blum:

Spookily enough whilst waiting in the cue for literally hours, just before we got to the door a man six feet in front of us turned round to look  back at the queue and nearly fell over when I called out  'Hello Shippers'.

It was an old close friend that I had not seen or heard of for over 20 yrs!!!!!!!!  So if you are reading this Mr Mark Wilson  from Guz (Plymouth to you non wurzels) we'd love to hear from you and no we didn't realise that you liked trains either.

Yours Aye,

Giz

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Since childhood, I have run a punishing moisturising régime. My skin is as smooth as a baby's bottom.

....which is more than you can say for my bottom.

Far too much information..........YUk

• RMweb Gold

I always had my models out on display in my flat and most folks were very interested, when my last girlfriend(now my wife of 30 years )first visited she had little comment except to recall her grandfathers life on the South Australian Railways, Never been any derision or argument about my hobby , basically you do what you want.......she collects and has a quite valuable mob of Teddy Bears.......nuf said...............tolerance and each to his own :imsohappy:

MIKE 

Edited by ikks
  • Like 5

try getting her to play Monopoly.

'Oh dear I seem to have mislaid the pieces.... do you mind using this train for you and i'll have the iron?'

If she likes the train..... you win, and if she thinks you're the man for her because you didn't assume the iron was for her.... you win again!!!!!

Yours Aye,

giz

• Like 2

I always understood it was that having created man God simply thought "I must be able to do better than that !"

And then what happened? God looked at the two of 'em man and woman, thought this is all such a bad idea, and lobbed both of 'em over the garden fence. (book of Genesis) 

And then if I remember rightly I think God created garden gnomes a much better idea, far less trouble!  :jester:

Edited by Iain Popplewell
  • Like 6

Just a thought, if the garden of Eden had had a shed, Adam would have never met Eve, he'd have been too busy in the garden shed building his model railway...

GOD, "Behold Adam what I have made for you WOMAN to be your companion for you said you were lonely"

Adam, " Oh that's just great Lord, thanks a bunch! All I said was that I was bored that's all."   " I was hoping for a train set."

Edited by Iain Popplewell
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Genesis appendix i: And it came to pass that God then created the LMS Black 5 for Adam (N gauge, this is before his eyes started to go a bit), and all was NOT well in the garden of Eden.

Guy

For God had produced a false idol and Adam repented by falling at the Altar of the A4.

And from that point on Adam was attracted to graceful curves in skirts

• Like 3

BLASPHEMY, HERETICS!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows that in the beginning of Genesis there was darkness and turmoil (often refered to as the angel 'Peter Gabriel' era, and then follewed light (cue drum roll ) refered to as the 'Phil Collins' era.

It was on the 6th day that God created his 'Wonderful Railway' as part of his 'Eden Project' and based it in the shangri la known as 'The West Country' .... the mecca for all bingo loving fans and bedouin tribes of the VW dudes.

And as Everyone knows on the 7th day...he played trains. :angel:  :sungum:

AMEN.

Yours Aye,

Giz

• Like 1

Genesis Appendix ii

Verily it came to pass that God gazed on the face of the earth and saw all that offended him thereupon, for it was Sodom and Gomorrah and Swindon that beheld his wrath, and saying unto the Swindoites Go forth and by this mark shall all the sons of Adam revile thee, thou shall carry this mark.

And that, folks, is why all GWR engines carry a copper chimney top to this day.

Guy :pardon:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Genesis Appendix ii

Verily it came to pass that God gazed on the face of the earth and saw all that offended him thereupon, for it was Sodom and Gomorrah and Swindon that beheld his wrath, and saying unto the Swindoites Go forth and by this mark shall all the sons of Adam revile thee, thou shall carry this mark.

And that, folks, is why all GWR engines carry a copper chimney top to this day.

Guy :pardon:

You made me think of this:

Edited by OnTheBranchline

Hi,

In all fairness someone who has a hobby (a reasonably respectable hobby), that involves some engineering, mechanical and intellectual thought, as well as the ability to read and think is someone who, biologically speaking is worth catching.  Someone who is solid, predictable and probably conservative with a small c ( Herr Goring excepted) is someone who has potential partner boxes ticked.

Yes we have a few numpties and heidbangers in our parish, but not many.

• Like 1