RMweb

Boxenby depot

Grimleygrid

Bloody hell Alex.... I take it that's 4mm and not T Gauge... those locos look tiny in comparison! Did I miss the bit where you mentioned the dimensions of these?

Also... you're going to need a big van to get those to Showcase.... hint hint.

:D

Guy

Bloody hell Alex.... I take it that's 4mm and not T Gauge... those locos look tiny in comparison! Did I miss the bit where you mentioned the dimensions of these?

Also... you're going to need a big van to get those to Showcase.... hint hint.

:D

Guy

I am sorry to disappoint you Guy but it is T Gauge, no-one would be mad enough to attempt to model it in 4mm would they?!!!  :scratchhead:

Will, those T Gauge trains are so loud it almost appears as if they've been sound chipped! The depth of field is a dead giveaway though...

Alex, I'm truely impressed. Can't wait to watch your progress with the new boards!

Best wishes,

Guy

Will, those T Gauge trains are so loud it almost appears as if they've been sound chipped! The depth of field is a dead giveaway though...

Alex, I'm truely impressed. Can't wait to watch your progress with the new boards!

Best wishes,

Guy

Thanks Guy, I am looking forward to getting some track down on them. Might be a few weeks but I hope to get started in the summer.

Yes Ian! And points.......

Now that raises a question, ballast or ash ballast? Or a mixture of the two?

More research needed I feel.

Much of the ballast is compressed and ingrained with oil through use unlike fresh mainline track ballast which I am sure is a bigger grade.

:O

One Hundred and Two pages from December 2009.

Too late now - but at least you have some sort of idea of whats involved......

Yes it is a bit late now.....

Much of the ballast is compressed and ingrained with oil through use unlike fresh mainline track ballast which I am sure is a bigger grade.

In some areas it appears to have ballast yet others it looks very fine. I will post some photos later to show what I mean.

This afternoon after a few jobs, I managed to get a bit of modelling done.
First off was a bit of housekeeping, a few minor repairs, nothing serious. Then I decided to make a start on fitting the weathered pipework.
The pipework has been fitted, just needs securing.
I am pretty pleased with how it looks, a few minor tweaks required, but overall I think it does the job.

A few photos, please excuse the bubble wrap depot floor!

26759783967_ee87bca8d7_z.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

40917277844_7b0a3dd3a8_z.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

27758941968_0fea454f41_z.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

39820151850_c2d9e0a568_z.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

• Like 9

Im not even sure id fit that layout in my house .  its going to be huge.  

Have you thought much about what your going to put on them as yet? 

The inside is looking amazing, what colours did you end up using to weather the inside because that came up really well in the end 

Keep up the great work 

Edited by class60lover

More than does the job.... looks fantastic!!

Thanks Will, I am pretty pleased with it. Now to get on with the floor!

Great work keep it up

David

Thanks David.

Im not even sure id fit that layout in my house .  its going to be huge.  

Have you thought much about what your going to put on them as yet? 

The inside is looking amazing, what colours did you end up using to weather the inside because that came up really well in the end 

Keep up the great work 

Thanks Class60lover. I have a track plan which may be scaled back a touch, once it is finalised I will post it.

At the moment, I am planning to model the main shed, fuelling point and then the stabling sidings out the front of the shed. I don't have enough room to model much more than that.

still, should be enough to play with! 

I used washes of Railmatch Frame Dirt and Weathered black which seems to have achieved the desired affect.

Finished assembling some builders trestles this evening, these are now ready for the new boards to be put up on.

40971997485_57aaf9fff0_z.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

My plan is over the next week to get the electrics checked to make sure that all the pits still have power to them after the house move, then to make a start on weathering the depot floor. Deja Vu?.....

Edited by Grimleygrid
  • Like 2

That is truly huge a really impressive undertaking, you said "old board 2 with the floor peices" on does that mean you're doing the shed interior board again aswell or am I getting the wrong end of a rather large stick,

David