Skills and Knowledge Centre

Andy today the Skills & Knowledge Centre section is the sub forums are formatted totally differently to the rest of the forum or it is on my machine,in that the originators picture  is to the right of the go to new posts followed the sub forum heading then the replies/views then a picture of the last poster. I don't know how to do screenshots  or I would

Edit its now also in the layout section

Yes; I've selected certain areas of the site to show a thumbnail of the topic (normally it automatically selects the first image in the first post be default) as a preview to help readers see what may be in a topic.

Somehow me 1st replay went missing. When I reported it thumbnails were all of the originators thumbnail, but the problem I have is that as I try to click read first unread post I keep getting pictures flash up as a preview and as I have said in that topic I am not to keen on that either.

Thanks Phil, can you see a PrtScrn button on your keyboard. Use that when the problem's showing itself and paste into an image editor (or use http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=photoshop if you don't have one, save and attach it to a reply in here.

Found the button but nothing happens when I press it. Probably easier to describe the problem!

The thumbnail sits over the first few letters of the topic and description from the first letter onwards ie. hard against the left of the topic column but clear of the dot/star column.

Phil T.

Found the button but nothing happens when I press it.

Phil - nothing appears to happen when you hit PrntScrn, but it copies the screen image and enables 'Paste' in an appropriate image editor (or Word).

Phil - nothing appears to happen when you hit PrntScrn, but it copies the screen image and enables 'Paste' in an appropriate image editor (or Word).

Thanks very much cracked that now, unfortunately dinner needs serving up now so got to go for a while!

Phil T.

Thanks Phil, I've also had an email which shows the same problem.

Have a look at this and see if changing the Compatability View helps at all - http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/understanding-internet-explorer-8-compatibility-view/ - I can't replicate at this end but I am on the most recent version of IE.

Once again a modification fails to work correctly with their way of working (or is it just that IE screws up with too many bits of code?). I'll be going back to the writer of the modification to see if they can assist.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

You will never get older versions of IE to work properly. It's best just to give up and try to get everyone on to Firefox or Chrome.

I tried the new feature in IE7, and this is the result (mousing over the 2nd thumbnail). Areas without the new feature are ok:

post-1103-0-87169300-1358117226.png

Martin.

At least it proved you can teach an old dog some new tricks even if it was very slowly with monosyllabic instructions!!

Heaven alone knows what I'll be like getting up and running when I move to Wales, no nice cable, and mobile connection only if you stand in the right part of the garden!

At least I am being treated to a new computer though.

Phil T.

I am running Windows 7/IE8 and I see the thumbnails overlaying the titles. Compatability mode doesn't seem to help  - in fact, I had to get out of compatability mode to be able to post this as the reply editor didn't seem to be working in it.

Adrian

All the new features are working great on my Imac with Safari - no problems at all. I really appreciate the preview function. It's detailed enough to read without being too big. I wish we could preview the threads in the same way without clicking on anything....

Best, "Bully for you, Pete" :drag:

One of the software users has come up with a fix which worked for him which I've now implemented.

As I can't replicate it at this end I'd be grateful if someone who has been affected by it could let me know if it's any better now?

Archived