Kinmundy

steve1

Not quite Jamie-need to sort out the drape and lighting rig/extension leads/tea mugs/soldering irons/badges etc! 

You can not forget the mug for a Panad.... haha, I'm learning.... I'm learning.... :no:

If all else fails, all there is left to do is drink....

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just loading Kinmundy into the van as we speak, ready for the long journey to the South coast

See you there and please don't forget to make yourselves known!

Will do...really looking forward to see the layout...

I was the one who asked if it felt chilly operating the layout :no: 

It looked really fab and very pleased to have now seen it - Great work :good: 

Yes Martin

I would love to see it in its new and better changes made, with that frosty look, and the bridge in the middle really makes a great photo shoot.

Hope all is going well for you down south buddy

Jamie

... and well done Kinmundy for winning the 'Cup' at the Show too, discreetly displayed for the rest of the weekend.. :sungum: 

All joking apart Sandy, it was good to see your layout-which I personally thought was worthy of the accolade.

It was also good not only to speak a little Welsh so far South but also to catch up with some Cambrian Railways 4mm developments too!

...... your journey heading back up North was as good as ours heading back South last Sunday night.

South? I know my journey west was Rain, Hail, Ice and high Hinds, but South? that would be into the sea... 

Martin ... many thanks for your kind words, unfortunately I missed the cask being tapped in Kinmundy Distillery for Burn's night, so I'm having to make do with some 12 year old Ben Bracken (from Lidl's) - a gift for some minor work.

Hopefully you availed yourself to some of the 'Welsh Cakes' behind our layout that Graham brought along.

Martin

Glad that you had a good weekend and congratulations on winning an award.

Hope that your journey heading back up North was as good as ours heading back South last Sunday night.

Ian

Many thanks Ian

From a serial layout builder like yourself that carries some weight!

Journey back North was seamless-5 hours-which was exactly the same journey time South-spooky!

Other than the satnav trying to send me a silly route that is :scratchhead:

.... Other than the satnav trying to send me a silly route that is :scratchhead:

I bought a SatNav off Ebay from a 'Cash Cheques' Centre - It's great for £20.

When I looked at the 'history', max speed 135mph, all journeys around the Lewisham area, in London.....Mr Toad ?

Coming up from Cornwall I had the Van's in-situ SatNav on and mine, interesting route variations ! ! !...  :senile:

Edited by Penlan

Martin ... many thanks for your kind words, unfortunately I missed the cask being tapped in Kinmundy Distillery for Burn's night, so I'm having to make do with some 12 year old Ben Bracken (from Lidl's) - a gift for some minor work.

Another one of the ongoing plans for Kinmundy is somehow waft a Single Malt whiskey smell in the vicinity of the Kinmundy Distellery

Needless to say after some gruelling Taste Tests this scheme is unresolved and some more tasting sessions are planned to finalise the ultimate scheme! :sungum:  :jester:  :locomotive:

• Like 2