Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

As these seem reasonably popular here's another 'bus garage' shot.

All these were taken out in the garden with the diorama placed on the patio table, the only lighting is the sun.

RT5 catches the sun through the garage door, alongside is STL 1988, October 1940.

Both models by EFE.

post-10377-0-50126000-1377846214_thumb.jpg

Edited by Unicorn1
  • Like 16

I see light coming through the rooflights; shouldn't they be boarded over for the blackout?

Mr Picky

Seriously, a great series of photos; your first one nearly had me thinking it was real.

Pete

Pete, you are correct, I hadn't thought about the skylights, may need some alternative lighting inside for this period.

Les

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Arrival at Eskmuir and the ex-Caledonian Railway station building & canopy

attachicon.gifP1020019 (2) (934x548).jpg

Wander down to the Engine shed

attachicon.gifP1020027 (2) (1264x676).jpg

A shed labourer clears ash whilst a Caley 3F and BR Sulzer type 2 await their next duties

attachicon.gifP1020036 (2) (1280x960).jpg

A black 5 runs into Eskmuir past the shed

attachicon.gifP1020037 (2) (1280x581).jpg

Beautiful modelling B&DB,......but,....that low bridge needs a 'Max. Headroom' warning.

post-7009-0-64842200-1377869674_thumb.png

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Beautiful modelling B&DB,......but,....that low bridge needs a 'Max. Headroom' warning.

attachicon.gifPre-Warboys Bridge Clearances (2).png

Cheers.

To be fair, there is a Warning Road Sign in advance of the bridge, so it is halfway there. :)

The "Old Road Signs Font" is downloadable from the "Fun Stuff" "Fonts" Section on the CBRD Site, so you can make a custom sign...

http://www.cbrd.co.uk/

For Ffrwd Locks, I have made up a sign, based on one in Nottingham.

It says (Centred Lettering):

WARNING

LOW BRIDGE

12' 0" HEADROOM

Together with some white markers, and a Road Sign on the Abutment, this should help avoid any bridge bashing!

Photo here!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/53540-ffrwd-aqueduct-low-bridge-signs-1/

DCP15276.jpg

DCP15274.jpg

(The photos will be viewable again sometime next month! Bandwith Limits!)

Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

ISTR that any bridge over a highway with 16' - 6", or less, clearance, it was/is mandatory to have both advance road-side warning signs, and, on the bridge, the height restriction repeated, combined with the White limit lines (normally with a 10' spacing).

Regards.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Not quite, but this one is an exact brickwork copy of the hut, as is the foot bridge piers in 4mm scale too  :)

post-340-0-35023800-1378115509_thumb.jpg

and the lamp hut in 4mm . .

post-340-0-34822200-1378136370_thumb.jpg

and the start of the shunters bothy . .

post-340-0-95398300-1378136438_thumb.jpg

for a friend

Cheers

Tim

Edited by Tim Horn
  • Like 3

Tim Horn

I have to say the lamp hut is a nice model, but I agree with hornbyandbf3fan the photograph was so well staged it gives all the impression of being the real thing even when you see the edge of the 'glazing', dusk and I presume in the garden....really nicely done. Even the double thickness grouting does not look incongruous.

• Like 1

A couple of shots of the Bachmann SECR 'C' class from my phone camera, using only the effects available on the phone. I actually took these for the workbench thread to show off the newly painted crew, which actually look a little too glossy still - matt varnish coming up! I'll start with the full colour originals, then the 'sepia' and 'antique' effects.

CClasswithcrew4_zpsb1e0b7c5.jpg

CClasswithcrew1_zpse59b4562.jpg

CClasswithcrew4-sepia_zps6da44654.jpg

CClasswithcrew1-sepia_zps170579e1.jpg

CClasswithcrew4-antique_zps4a4185c4.jpg

CClasswithcrew1-antique_zps18ee434d.jpg

All that's missing are steam and smoke effects but they would not be in the spirit of the thread if I was to photoshop them in. I must do something about that metal coal, too!

Edited by SRman
  • Like 9