RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Thank you  :sungum: ......but as it was outside the original remit..and with over a 100 pages here and a history older than that where people have stuck to the original concept....I thought it was only polite to check that it did not upset the thread owner.

In my opinion, even fictional settings can still be made to look realistic ... 'convincing' if you prefer. That's what we're trying to do with (mostly) electric-powered scaled down imitations of the real thing. Some people choose 'alternative universe' interpretations of the real thing: things like "What if nationalisation hadn't occurred in 1948". A photo of a model of, say, Hornby's P2 on a rake of 'preserved' coaches could look convincing using the techniques we have seen in this topic. In other words, it would look realistic, regardless of the fact that 2001 was not, in fact, preserved (and ignoring the fact that there is one being built from scratch!).

Of course, you did the right thing by asking and ensuring you didn't upset the 'owner' or the general populace. Good diplomacy! :) The above is only my opinion, but a few others seem to be of like minds with me. 

I am loving this thread even though my own meagre efforts pale in comparison with some of the masters on here. It is still good for everyone to be able to have a go without any fear of derision.

Sorry. I seem to be sermonising to the converted here anyway. :D

Climbs down off soap box.

• Like 2

post-3088-0-24023300-1415901874_thumb.jpg

The JFRR Work Train behind the loco in post #2686.

The crane, crane tender and work caboose are all kit bashed, re-painted and with new decals.

Jake is explaining to Hank that it won't be long before he can get his truck away. Meantime they exchange fishing stories.

As my Emoticon "Thanks" button has ceased to appear, I shall say thanks for your "Likes" here.

Edited by john flann
  • Like 10